THE SALES ASSOCIATE BRINGS HALLMARK’S MISSION TO LIFE BY:
- Creating and maintaining a warm, inviting, easy-to-navigate shopping environment.
- Forming and sustaining relationships with customers – getting to know them and their needs and providing excellent service.
- Building and sharing expertise on products, promotions, services, and brand rewards programs – relevant and customized to the unique and wide range of shopper needs, relationships, and occasions.
- Helping and affirming customers in finding the perfect card and gift solutions to fulfill their missions of caring and connecting.
- Sharing and showcasing stories and communities of caring to reinforce the cycle of kindness.
- Making the interaction easy and convenient for shoppers by effectively handling store operations -- product replenishment & merchandising, ringing sales, processing shipments, managing inventory, etc.
- Delivering an exceptional consumer shopping experience that leaves guests feeling inspired, enabled, affirmed, and eager to return.
- Working as a team to help meet the sales goals for the store by ensuring each customer leaves with everything they needed and a few things they didn’t know they needed!
THE SALES LEADER BRINGS HALLMARK’S MISSION TO LIFE BY:
- All the characteristics and responsibilities identified for the sales associate and more…
- Consistently exemplifying a caring leader role that extends to the team, all customers and other business partners (internal and external). Striving to connect with others, build relationships and earn trust.
- Modeling and coaching selling skills and sharing product knowledge to ensure all team members are up to date on products and offerings to meet customer’s relationship needs.
- Directing staff when the Store Manager is not available and providing feedback along the way.
- Conducting point-of-sale audits and assisting the Store Manager with other inventory management procedures.
- Communicating daily priorities, goals, and store and corporate communications while ensuring a dynamic, fun, and supportive team environment.
HALLMARK BELIEVES IN ENRICHING THE LIVES OF OUR EMPLOYEES BY OFFERING BENEFITS PROGRAMS TO HELP YOU:
- Take care of your future self:
- Savings/401(K) plan with 3% company match. Retail Sales Leads and Store Associates are part of the RSG Savings Plan which offers a 60% company match on employee contributions up to 5%. The employee is eligible after completing 1000 hours of service in first anniversary year or in any calendar year thereafter.
- Investment assistance.
- Access to voluntary benefits including dental, vision, critical illness, accident insurance, hospital indemnity and minimum essential coverage (preventive care).
- Take care of you and yours:
- Discounts on child care.
- Elder care counseling and referral programs.
- And More!
- Like a 40% shopping discount on merchandise purchased in a CSG store.
- As well as a variety of discounts made available by participating businesses including travel, computers and tax preparation.
In order to be considered for this role, the following is required:
- 16+ years of age with appropriate work permit as required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business, including, events, holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to continuously stand/walk; frequently push/pull; occasionally bend/stoop/crawl/reach above shoulders/kneel; climb a ladder, and carry up to 40 pounds; i.e., fixture parts and cartons.
Your resume and application will stand out if you have:
- To be considered for a lead role you must be: 18+ years of age with work permit as required. 1+ years’ experience in retail, sales or customer service OR 6+ months experience in a Hallmark Corporate Store. Available to open and close the store a 3+ times per week and 2+ weekend shifts per month.
- Previous specialty retail experience.
- Love of the Hallmark brand.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer-focused engagement and consultative selling skills.
- Demonstrated success working as a member of a team.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Strong sense of urgency, flexibility and willingness to adapt to change.
- Desire and ability to learn the business.
- Proficiency and comfort using a computer and other technology.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed above) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.