McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is looking for a RetailSales Executive (RSE) who will grow existing Pharmaceutical Distribution market share through highly skilled acquisition of key new business. The RSE will focus solely on acquiring new independent & regional chain business through development & implementation of sales and marketing strategies geared to the retaildistribution market and oversee a team of individuals managing the conversion/maintenance process. Territory will be Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and parts of Wisconsin. Candidate should be located in the Des Moines, IA or Omaha, NE area.
- Develop & implement long/short term sales & marketing strategies for growing regional market share.
- Grow Retail Pharmaceutical Distribution business through strategic sales of "New" "Financially significant" business.
- Work consistently with a detailed sales process.
- Manage and drive a funnel of sales targets from beginning to end. (Ten in funnel at a time).
- Customize a solution set for each perspective customer.
- Thoroughly understand and explain McKesson's offerings and key benefits to current/potential customers, sales partners & other members of the implementation/conversion/maintenance team.
- Work collectively with regional team to optimize sales.
- Present to and communicate with executives in small/medium retail chain establishments.
- Manage financial expectations on each solution set.
- Execute/manage/oversee conversion process of new business.
- 5+ years salesexperience
- 5+ years salesexperience with track record of success
- Current valid driver's license and clean driving record is required.
- Working knowledge of retailsales industry.
- Experience selling higher in an organization and/or demonstrated success record of selling to large, retail customers required
- Must be open to 70% travel with 8-12 overnights per month
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Distribution industry knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of specific region business trends a plus
- Consultative Selling skills
- Business/Financial Acumen
- Analysis/Problem Solving skill
- Customer Orientation
- Communication Skills and relationships building skills with ability to build trust and credibility
- Ability to distinguish features from benefits
- Knowledge and willingness to work with defined sales process
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred
- General Office Demands
- Home office with extensive regional travel
- Ability to travel70%
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please