Retail Operations Payroll Analyst
*THIS IS A CONTRACT ASSIGNMENT SCHEDULED TO LAST APPROXIMATELY 9-12 MONTHS AND IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS.
The Operations Payroll Analyst provides analytical support and insights on payroll costs associated with United Pacific Store Operations. Along with his/her teammates, this individual will serve as a key liaison between our Retail Operations Teams, Senior Leadership, and United Pacific?s HR/Payroll Department. To be successful in this role, the Operations Payroll Analyst relies heavily on their advanced reporting capabilities, analysis skills, ability to communicate with diverse audiences, and overall positive attitude.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Creation and timely production of both standard and ad-hocreports related to operational payroll costs such as overtime per store, store manager and salesassociatepayroll hours, exceptions, etc.
- Development of situation analyses on store operations payroll costs against budget and previous year(s)
- Communicates regularly with our payroll processing company (ADP) to ensure the accuracy of the data being processed and discuss any changes or upgrades that need to occur.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP of Operations.
- 3+ years of experience providing analytical support to a multi-unit gasoline, grocery, food service, or retail business
- Bachelor?s Degree in Economics, Information Management, Statistics, or Business preferred, not required
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) Advanced Excel skills to include V-Lookups and Pivot Tables.
- Able to analyze trends and patterns from complex data sets
- Willingness to learn new software applications, including PDI and ADP. Prior experience with PDI Enterprise and ADP Workforce Now is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with emphasis on detail, accuracy, strict deadlines, and prompt follow-up.
- Self-motivated with creative problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and effectively as a team player.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with diverse groups at multiple levels.
- Outstanding conceptual, analytical, and strategic thinking skills.
- Sound judgment, proactive initiative, the ability to deal with complex relationships and ideas, and the confidence to make timely and informed decisions.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and a professional demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships and trust with a broad range of individuals and departments.
- Must provide excellent customer service both internally and externally.
To be successful at United Pacific, each of us must embrace the , which is driven by our core values:
- We Are United. One Team, One Goal,
- People-Focused. Connected, Caring, Respectful
- Taking Pride In All We Do
- Results Matter. Personal, Team, Company
This culture influences our daily work and enhances our service commitment to our customers, vendor partners, communities, and each other. It helps define who we are today and guides us to become even better tomorrow.
The job qualifications described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If accepting an offer of employment, applicant must be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. United Pacific is an EOE.