Retail Operations Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
The Woodlands, TX or Allentown, PA - The Retail Operations Manager is responsible for the efficient supervision of Commercial and Industrial electricity customer activity from enrollment to billing and customer care to collections. The incumbent in this role will oversee the operation of key systems, policies and services for Talen’s growing C&I business. Key functional responsibilities include product management, enrollment, billing and customer service oversight and third-party vendor management. In addition, the Manager of Operations will play an important role in new market entry and ongoing process improvement. EOE M/F/D/V
* Manage a team of analysts and outsourced vendors for customer enrollments and billing in PJM and other markets.
* Design and direct the process for handling customer care inquiries, including one-call handling and capture of dispositions for C&I customers.
* Manage outsourced bill-print operations and ensure accurate and timely invoicing.
* Actively monitor AR, unbilled revenue, billing and enrollment exceptions and payments to assure proper revenue.
* Lead a team of operations and support professionals, providing necessary guidance, coaching, and feedback.
* Interface with and support otherretail teams such as pricing sales, and financial planning as well as other key corporate teams, including risk management, ISO settlements, and accounting.
*Bachelor’s degree in business, quantitative or technical field.
* Solid understanding of the retail electricity market with a minimum of 6 years of energy experience in electricity or related energy commodities with a focus on retail commercial and industrial marketing and operations.
* Specific experience with market rules in PJM and/or ERCOT, including EDI transaction sets and ISO settlements process.
*Experience managing/leading an efficient operations team and with service and technology outsourcers.
* Demonstrated ability to lead a team and coordinate effectively with internal and external teams.
*Experience in additional energy markets.
*Experience in complementary operations areas such as pricing, settlements, or forecasting.
* Detailed experience with electricity industry EDI transaction sets.