This position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in all facets of day-to-day management of the Viking Outfitters - Cleveland State University bookstore and supervision of store associates. Ensuring associates are delivering excellent customer service through coaching, training, and development. Support recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified applicants to meet business needs. Manage scheduling process; ensuring schedules maximize associates availability to help customers. Supervise back of house functions, maintaining accurate inventory and records. Review operations reports and records, ensuring compliance with company policy and federal, state, local laws. Effectively executes company programs and initiatives. Demonstrates strong knowledge of Follett systems and strategies (Included Program, Academic Tools, System Integrations, and etc.), the industry and the competitive landscape in order to execute initiatives, drive profitable sales and control expenses. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures. Partners with various support partners to include Store Operations, RCMS, AP, HR and Training. Consistently demonstrates Follett Values - Integrity, Accountability, Customers, Each and Every Associate, Innovation and Teamwork. Demonstrates proficiency in Follett Strategic Competencies.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for an industry leader at a premier campus location, and want to pursue a rewarding career path, consider joining Follett, where employees are considered the cornerstone of Follett's business.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Supervises the work activities of store team members, FT/PT and Temporary including:
- Interviews, hires and trains associates
- Providing coaching, training, and talent development to associates ongoing and ensuring great customer service
- Write a guest-driven schedule, ensuring coverage and maximizing our ability to serve our guests
- Talent Management
- Develops saleable inventory plans with the Store Manager to maintain proper levels to meet customer demand. Plans for special sales and promotions. Schedules regular appointments to meet with school representatives or other personnel to ensure sales optimization for campus activity. Manages the visual presentation of the store to create an exciting shopping environment for customers.
- May work on renovation projects, store reorganizations, new store openings, and store closings. May respond to managerial or Home Office requests for special reports, information, or for help on special projects.
- Ensures the safety of company funds, assets, personnel, customers and property and adherence of policies governing the acceptance of credit cards and checks.
- Drive operational excellence and profitability through analyzing data, reducing in-store shrink, and ensuring key compliance initiatives are fully executed.
- Maintain a hassle free atmosphere driving the Follett culture, which includes resolving all escalated concerns from guests, faculty, vendors, facility-related concerns, and back of house.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Must have 3-5 years experience
- 3-5 years previous experience in retail store management and people management; bookstore experiencepreferred.
- Strong background in merchandise presentation, strong aptitude for numbers and demonstrated ability to build relationships and customer outreach.
- Administrative skills with strong aptitude with numbers and safe cash handling procedures; demonstrated ability to lead and influence a team; strong customer service and communication skills; strong organizational and problem-solving skills; computer literacy.
- General Computer Skills
- Flexible schedulerequired