Play a vital role in the customer bankingexperience at Chase! As part of JPMorgan Chase, a leading global financial services firm, Chase has over 5,100 locations where our Mortgage Bankers build relationships with customers and provide them with products and services to meet their ever-changing needs.
As a Chase Mortgage Banker, you will acquire and deepen relationships with clients through comprehensive needs based promotion and marketing of mortgage products to clients inside and outside the branch footprint, and develop and work with centers of influence to expand your customer base. You will be required to deliver strong results in mortgage and home lending products, and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills as well as provide exceptional service throughout the sales process. You will serve as customer's chief point of contact with Chase throughout the life of the loan.
You will also be responsible for serving as the mortgage lending specialist at the branch by coaching and mentoring the branch team and providing training on products and services. You will work hand-in-hand with bankers, meeting with their customers and introducing new clients to bankers for additional products and services. All of you working as a team will create an outstanding customer experience.
This position is subject to the Dodd Frank/Truth in Lending Act qualification requirements for Loan Originators. As such, an employment offer for this position is contingent on JPMC's review of your criminal conviction history, credit report, information available through NMLS, and any other information relevant to a determination by JPMC that you demonstrate financial responsibility, good character, and general fitness for the position. Note that any felony conviction within the last seven years will disqualify you from consideration for this position. Your continued employment in this position would be contingent upon compliance with Truth in Lending Act/Dodd Frank Loan Originator requirements.
In addition, this position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with JPMorgan Chase, you will be required to either register on NMLS, or to update your existing registration as necessary to grant access to and reflect your employment with JPMorgan Chase. Your continued employment in this position with JPMorgan Chase is contingent upon compliance with the SAFE Act, including successful registration immediately after your start date, and timely completion of annual renewal and required updates thereafter.
Any information obtained during the registration, update, and renewal processes or through NMLS notifications may impact your employment with the firm. Any of the completed information you provide during the Chase on-line application process may be transferred, on your behalf, to NMLS by JPMorgan Chase. Please carefully review the information you provide to Chase for accuracy and consistency and with any current NMLS record, if applicable, before submitting. Further information about NMLS and registration requirements of registration can be found at
- Minimum three years of mortgage lending, proven salesexperience in retailbankingrequired
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in sales and/or real estate required
- Marketing, promoting, relationship building and consulting skills required
- Intermediate PC skills in a Windows environment required
- FHA/VA salesexperiencepreferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of real estate market in local area
- Knowledge of FHA, VA, FNMA, and FHLMC guidelines
- Internal: Ability to develop a strong partnership with the assigned retail branches to
- Promote mortgage loan originations (in footprint territories), and can function well within formal and dotted-line reporting relationships
- External (Customer): Build role as the internal and external mortgage expert; builds and maintains good relationships with customers; and exhibits consultative skills to provide recommendations based on financial analysis and expertise, product knowledge, and knowledge of the customer's financial needs, goals, and circumstances
Req #: 170089685