We are a global CPG manufacturing company and a leader in CPG housewares/general merchandise. We are seeking a Retail Merchandising Director to own our retailmerchandising organization. This position is part of the sales organization and reports to the VP Sales.
- Location is Philadelphia/New Jersey market (we will consider relocation for the right candidate)
- Must have track record in retail merchandising programs with major retailers.
The RetailSales Manager is responsible for the overall management & development of our retailmerchandising organization. Develops the overall strategy to achieve excellence within the retail space and in-store shelving across our top retailers in the US.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver strong merchandising and in-store presence results across top retailers on agreed to retail priorities. Executes with Excellence ? Provides clear ongoing direction to the retailsales team.
- Outlines expectations and individual performance measurements for the merchandising team and develop appropriate reporting and tracking needs to ensure consistency and control.
- Monitors in-store coverage via assigned weekly itineraries
- Track and measures both the overall team and individual results
- Maintain continual improvement of sales coverage and productivity of the Retailmerchandising organization including cost effectiveness of program.
- Collaborate with team and Sales managers on all major retail initiatives (new product introductions, promotions, demos etc.).
- Executes theme merchandisingevents such a holiday merchandisingevents, in-store demonstration events, trade shows.
- Assist sales and marketing team in understanding customer needs, objectives, and future plans.
- Develops analytics to supportmerchandising efforts and reports these findings on a regular basis to senior management team. Request and analyze specific retail conditions, including competitive information, to develop data-based analyses and improve retail in-store presence results.
- Hires, trains & continuously develops merchandising team.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years prior retail and merchandising management experience including management of personnel and development of merchandising strategy.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational and selling skills.