FMC Corporation is a leading speciality company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow that world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. In short, If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
This key territory for FMC includes portions of North Dakota. Target crop segments include soybeans, corn, and horticultural crops. With a strong sales base built on the FMC flagship brands, as well as newly-acquired brands, our portfolio of insecticides, herbicides, and fungicides is expanding and creating prime opportunities for growth. With near-term plans to launch new brands into the market, the ability to quickly establish and energetically support relationships with tradechannel partners and market influencers is an essential element to success as Retail Market Manager.
- Responsible for the management of customer accounts, identify and develop new prospects to sell APG products.
- Focus on sales targets, business development, building customer relationships and resolving customer issues.
- Develop and execute account plan, negotiating to meet sales targets
- Build customer business relationships
- Prepare sales presentations, call plans, proposals, and reports for internal and external communication
- Obtain and communicate market information related to sales volumes,
- Forecast customer business plans/needs
- Obtain and communicate competitive practices and assist in the assessment of competitive information
- Identify and develop new business opportunities for increased sales to existing accounts or acquiring new accounts
- Coordinate interface between customer and other company resources (technical, supply chain) to provide value added service to accounts
- Provides guidance/direction to less experienced sales professionals
- Function as a Team Player with a willingness to identify issues and opportunities resulting in the development and implementation of appropriate actions.
- Requires 50% travel to service territory responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Agriculture or related Life Science
- Certified Crop Advisor or MBA a plus
- 5+ years sales experience
- Key contributor on complex projects
- Services new and existing business opportunities with key accounts (including national accounts) within a sales territory. Seeks assistance, when necessary, to build account strategies
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions under minimum supervision; occasionally makes decisions of a complex nature within operating guidelines
- Develops and services significant accounts with experience in the support of national accounts
- Demonstrated the ability to make independent judgments with review from management; makes decisions of a complex nature where independent judgment and creativity are required
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with middle to senior management
- Has lead projects or special assignment involving work outside the area/region
- Proven track record with the ability to make instant impact on sales in a given territory
- Serves as a valuable resource to others within the sales organization
- Leads projects with little guidance required