The Retail Market Manager is responsible for leading the overall performance and environment of retail branches. This position leads and directs the branch teams in achieving outlined goals and in establishing the foundation necessary for the branches to be successful. This position leads and directs branch management teams in achieving profitability, sales, customer experience, compliance, and growth objectives.
- Must be a "Keeper of the Woodforest Culture" and possess the ability to create energy around Retail objectives and initiatives.
- Recruit, train, retain and motivate staff to ensure profitability, sales, customer experience, compliance, and growth objectives for assigned branches within the market.
- Conduct regular update and strategy meetings with direct reports and leadership teams.
- Must assign and manage teams across multiple locations, markets, regions, and/or states.
- Hire and train new team members on all aspects of delivering the Woodforest Experience.
- Provide senior level guidance and support to the branches regarding customer concerns, operational questions, risk management, and human resource issues.
- Proactively suggest, implement, and manage process improvements.
- Manage, develop and lead branch management teams; approve incentives, expense reports, and other personnel and compensation matters.
- Drive branch sales and performance and provide strategic direction focused on the continued growth and development of assigned branches within the market.
- Track and review daily market performance levels; compile summary reports and communicate standings; develop and direct an action plan for improvement areas.
- Conduct frequent branch visits to ensure adherence to bank policies, consistency in sales and marketing efforts, successful implementation of new products and services, and to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with branch employees and host retail partners.
- Promote community development and serve in the communities serviced by the market.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Solid technology skills, including intermediate proficiency with Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Power Point) and banking software applications.
- Excellent customer service, relationship management, and business development skills.
- Sound knowledge of marketing, sales, financial, managerial and leadership principles with broad knowledge of banking operation practices, policies, products and applicable regulations.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, critical and strategic thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail and concern for data accuracy.
- Ability to analyze trends, processes and procedures and develop innovative and effective solutions for improved performance.
- Strong overall business acumen with an ability to understand the direction, priorities, and goals of the organization.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; present a positive and professional image, effectively collaborate with diverse teams, and demonstrate success at achieving results through the effort of others.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with proven ability to prioritize and manage workload and to instill a sense of urgency in others as necessary to meet deadlines and goals.
- Ability to create a positive and engaged environment.
- Flexibility to engage in overnight and regional travel up to 75% of the time.
- 6 years of progressively more responsible bank operations and sales management experience:
- OR a Bachelor's degree and 4 years of progressively more responsible branch operations and sales management experience.
- Experience managing multiple work sites is helpful.
- Previous instore banking experience is preferred, but not required.
- 5 years of sales and personnel management experience required.
- Individuals with this level of experience are typically responsible and accountable for all sales, service, and operational goals and expectations as well as for all personnel and employment decisions at a given branch/location. Individuals with this level of experience typically report to regional management and operate without direct daily supervision.
- Must be positive and engaging.
Formal Education & Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Responsible and accountable for all personnel and employment decisions for assigned market area.
- Up to 75% travel expected.
- Conditions include standing most of the time, may involve walking, moving, bending, stooping or sitting for brief periods, and occasionally lifting and carrying items up to 30 lbs.