The Manager, Retail Internal Communications reports directly to the Senior Manager, Retail Internal Communications, and manages the execution and delivery of associate communications across Retail. This role is the major point of contact for the Retail leadership team and oversees the planning and execution of Retail leadership messaging, business updates, frontline trainings, Town Halls, manager meetings, and event support. This person will also serve as lead on crisis communications.
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager of Retail Communications to develop a Retail communications strategy aligned with both the Retail business priorities and the firm goals.
- Work with all parts of the organization and partners to ensure successful delivery and implementation of communications strategy.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure business unit communications and initiatives are aligned with the overarching Retail strategy.
- Draft, edit and disseminate communications regarding initiatives, announcements and activities for various departments using appropriate communication tactics and channels.
- Leverage multiple media and communications sources (The Source, Team Sites, The Exchange, Connect, News to Use, etc.) to ensure delivery and retention of key communications content and enterprise knowledge.
- Responsible for aligning Retail activities to strategy and goals and ensures they are aligned for execution against CEO goals.
- Help plan and execute leadership events including monthly/quarterly business updates, Retail National Meeting.
- Develop talking points and speeches and all Strategic (Product, reorganizations, etc.) initiatives communications.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with internal business leaders to maintain and ensure consistency of messaging among all audiences.
- Timely communication of market moves, branch closures, system issues, etc. (Main point of contact for oversight, crafting and delivery of Crisis Communications.)
- Responsible for planning and developing content strategy to support change management efforts for Retail .
- Host and conduct team meetings & individual 1:1s.
- Provide coaching and performance reviews & evaluations.
- Ensure team is engaged with the organization and team leaders through communications and development.
- 4 Year College Degree
- 4 Year College Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Organizational Communications preferred
- 5-7 years related experience
- 7+ years total experience
- Proficient in AP Style
- Able to think strategically and visually map out communications plans
- Superior project and process management skills
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills that go beyond simply connecting words
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Able to make critical decisions and take accountability for results.
- Able to respond to multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Must be able to help build consensus and influence senior leaders
- Must be able to lead and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, work well under pressure and remain focused
- Should have keen ability to understand how large organizations work and operate
- Diplomacy skills; is able to successfully influence and negotiate with executive leadership
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.