Sonos' ANZ and the regional Retail experience team are looking for a highly motivated Retail Experience Manager ANZ on a 12 month fixed term, maternity leave contract.
At a Sonos ANZ level the revenue, profit and growth outcomes we get from our key retailer relationships comes in large part through:
- The channel marketing engagement we have with those organisations through direct engagement (finding effective ways to market our brand and products to retailers' customers, building category credentials and putting in place category management practices, securing support for key promotions) &
- Our Brand Experience at retail including category vision execution (last 3 feet), POS, Visual Merchandising (online & offline), Mystery Shopping, managing vendor relationships to maintain our presence at retail and offline experiential strategy and execution out of retail.
The Retail Experience Manager ANZ will report to the Managing Director ANZ-SEA and be responsible for leading the ANZ Retail Experience function and for setting the ANZ retail execution KPIs and direction for the sub-region (across ANZ-SEA).
He/she will: oversee the maintenance program (through 3rd party vendor) across the Sonos ANZ retail store footprint; execute POS fixture strategy and deployment / maintenance into retail; oversee visual merchandising; track retail productivity; and importantly drive channel marketing activities to ensure successful execution of high impact marketing programs at retail.
The role also will work closely with the National Accounts Manager and National AVS/IS lead in order to deliver impactful channel marketing programs through our retailer base, secure relevant support from those accounts and deliver relevant category/ product support from Sonos through to those accounts.
In order to provide relevant support to the Retail Experience Manager we have established a role in Sonos ANZ team in the form of the National Field and Training lead who will report to the Retail Experience Manager and look after impactful advocacy and education programs to retail store staff and will also manage the 3rd party field agency day-day.
The candidate will need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced matrix style organisation with regular interaction with international sales and marketing teams, primarily the global /regional retail experience and marketing teams.
The ideal candidate acts as a key conduit of innovation, information, ideas and activities, executing global plans, ensuring local and regional input provided into global thinking, and working as a critical element within the Go-to-Market teams.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we're looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that's you, we hope you'll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone's best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You're passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
What You'll Do
- Working in collaboration locally with brand marketing and sales account leads, create retail marketing strategies and execute plans built to support local business goals and based on deep insights into our target customer and global brand strategy. These plans will encompass the Sonos and partner goals/expectations (from launch to phase out or end of life), be differentiated by account and land relevant channel marketing execution across online, in-store brand ownership, category assortment, promotions, merchandising, interactive display, sales contest, etc, cutting across online (ie DTC) channels and more traditional retail channels (ie mass CE / department store / AVS)
- Understand our products, our value proposition and marketplace dynamics at work impacting the consumer path to purchase across all retail environments (including online retail, traditional consumer electronics retail, owned DTC channels working with the Global DTC team, lifestyle and the wider music streaming category) and using that understanding where relevant into the plans mentioned above
- Drive thought leadership across the organization on the physical and digital retail strategy & the retail experience – both owned and third party. Be comfortable with driving the right strategic tension in the short term to achieve our longer-term brand goals - including
- Develop VM/POS strategy as it evolves – working closely with region and global retail experience teams as needed. Using global guidelines and templates, evolve our VM/POS strategy to ensure fit for purpose/market
- Work with National Field and Training Lead to ensure local vendors deliver the most effective and efficient deployment and ongoing maintenance of the VM/POS solutions at retail on brand and in budget (OPEX $$)
- Manage and coordinate the last three feet of retail execution as it relates to new product launches, promotions, ongoing Sonos presence in store including delivery, installation, compliance and disposal of seasonal merchandise on POS stands (add something about the digital equivalent)
- Develop, implement and track clear ROI measurement criteria and processes for retail execution activities, including store productivity performance set up (then transferred on to account management)
- Long term retail presence & work alongside the brand manager to deliver Sonos experiential strategy in market (pop-up, experiential, store strategy)
- Working in partnership with the EEM/Global digital team and local brand manager to develop ANZ CRM strategy. Balancing global opportunities and local market requirements.
- Consult with the Brand Manager to ensure
- AVS/ IS digital communications including EDM's
- Re-seller website brand compliance
- B2B advertising
Skills You'll Need
- 8 -10 years of experience in marketing with a strong focus on branded retail, channel development, consumer shopping behaviour and relevant experience working with and managing 3rd party retail vendors in a relevant FMCG/ CE retail environment
- Highly motivated, a strong team player and self-starter
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be highly organised and able to quickly adapt to changing needs
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: approachable; ability to quickly establish rapport; communicate effectively with a diverse population including high-level managers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with key work partners
- Displays a persistent, positive attitude to problem-solving and recognises that goals are achievable - even with obstacles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong affinity with our brand, products and passion for music!