A dynamic leadership position focused on delivering superior financial results, employee engagement and shaping a progressive sales culture for a growth-oriented retail organization. This position is responsible for tactical planning, coaching and accountability for our needs-based sales program along with consistently delivering a differentiated client experience. This position requires proven sales coaching, people development, community engagement and change management experience in a goal-oriented retail banking environment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes strategic and tactical plans for an assigned geography to ensure that all growth, sales productivity and financial targets are achieved for all locations and the full franchise.
- Provides guidance, leadership and accountability to Branch Managers, Business Bankers and other Branch personnel on defined sales and service processes and standards. In addition, this position is responsible for developing skills and observation coaching of branch staff and direct reports.
- Recruits, selects, develops and motivates assigned staff; including regular performance observations, appraisals and counseling. Responsible for maintaining adequate retail staffing and each Branch to meet clients' needs and achieve service standards.
- Communicates and sets clear expectations through regular branch visits, calls and meetings. Responsible for engaging with associates and clients while visiting assigned locations.
- Motivates and provides focus for all associates on sales campaigns and priority needs of the organization. This includes celebrating achievements and cross-pollinating ideas and best-practices.
- Implements sales management performance resources for all branch personnel, including assessing individual/branch goal setting; observing activities; monitoring sales results; coaching cross-sell opportunities; executing joint small business and consumer calling activities and standards.
- Actively partners with other lines of business and support to establish a team-oriented environment. Facilitates referrals and introductions of clients to other business lines when appropriate.
- Supports Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) activities and standards. Encourages, participates and supports CRA compliance efforts of the retail staff through business and community development efforts.
- Receives and resolves routine and/or challenging customer issues and inquiries.
- Responsible for adherence to all operational and compliance standards.
- Lead by example as a change-agent to help branch personnel evolve with shifting customer needs and demands.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (or commensurate experience)
- 5+ years sales management/leadership experience
- 5+ years banking experience
- Proven, consistent achievement of sales goals and financial targets