Develop and direct the company's efforts to affect positive change in marketing, merchandising, training, and instore experience (Retail Edge) to improve overall business growth and expand relationships with customers while developing a strategic plan to continue development and implementation of the Retail Edge program. Mentor and collaborate with sales representatives in the field while supporting the Regional Sales Director (RSD) they are assigned. This is a remote role and can reside from any location in the region.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
Conduct internal Retail Edge trainings with the objective to elevate Regional Sales team proficiency in a measurable way:
- Set Retail Edge competencies goals with FSM, RSD, and Retail Edge Activation Director (READ).
- Provide end of the year Retail Edge review on Account Managers accomplishments to FSM, RSD, and READ.
- Coaches and mentors Account Managers on integral Retail Edge best practices and performance objectives.
- Assess the level of Retail Edge competency of each Account Manager and work to address areas of opportunities.
- Lead training and implementing Retail Edge certification within the Region .
- This requires a strong adherence to EASI principles & adult learning principles, a different skill outside of business acumen.
- Tracking and measuring capability of the regional team's RE expertise (example: SAT performance YOY)
- Provide feedback on Account Manager performance of Retail Edge deployment to FSM, RSD, and READ.
- Work with Retail Edge solution owners to customize content to meet Regional needs & priorities.
- Participate in Regional staff calls and Regional leadership calls.
Conduct external Retail Edge Meetings with the objective to elevate Regional Sale team performance in a measurable way:
- Ride along with Account Manager for customer-facing meetings on a regular schedule to present and improve the sales effectiveness of the Regions Retail Edge strategies
- Interfaces with multiple retailer business functions.
- Focused on the largest regional accounts which are not currently being captured by dedicated CMM support or their account prioritization and planning scope. Role contributions within these accounts include presentations, meeting participation, Retail Edge project management, etc. REAM supports how to present insights and sell-in solutions and create plans to implement.
- REAM supports how to present insights and sell-in solutions and create plans to implement.
- Ride along with Account Managers for a day of development (this should be linked to a customer ride along)
- Design Co-marketing strategies with top accounts which are presently not being managed by our Customer Marketing Managers (CMM's) using hybrid or customized toolkits.
- Measuring account level results and capturing best practices based on KPIs set by the FSM, RSD, READ & Retail Edge stakeholders.
- Sets performance goals for Region team and individuals with consultation and approval from FSM, RSD & READ.
- Support Region to attain sales and profit goals each year.
- Responsible for growing region revenue, profit, margin, share to achieve budgeted goals.
- Analyze sales history, provide insights and articulate drivers in variance between sales and forecast to support top projects
- Present monthly to FSM, RSD and READ on analysis, insights, wins, obstacles, and best practices.
- Develop an annual plan on the page for key Retail Edge initiatives that benefit and complement Regional strategies.
- Develop annual Regional marketing plan in collaboration with CMM, FSM, RSD, and READ.
- Actively provide Retail Edge stakeholders recommendations for improvements & optimization of current and future tools.
- Voice of field and retailers in creating content for Retail Edge program
- Leverage shopper, customer, and category insights to create and deploy comprehensive (annual) marketing, merchandising, training, and in-store plans for assigned customers.
- Strong thought leadership in creating advertising strategies and creative that builds the Tempur Sealy brands and customer's brand.
- Collaborate with brand management, consumer marketing, and sales to ensure alignment of brand objectives.
- Interfaces with various internal company business departments.
- Cross-functional expertise with Retail Edge vendors to facilitate Regional wins.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
- Strong strategic thinker with the proven ability to develop and activate breakthrough solutions.
- Strong Marketing generalist with proven ability to manage, motivate & lead people and process.
- Compelling story teller that's able to influence the organization @ multiple levels.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply macro trends, insights, channel, competition and industry knowledge to influence key stakeholders.
- Has highly developed project, vendor management and multi-tasking skills.
- High business acumen & strong analytical skills. Must be able to understand basic P&L structures
- Organized, good communication skills both orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and run multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Solid understanding of retail channel dynamics.
- Solid working knowledge of digital marketing channels.
- A passionate ambassador for the brand with the ability to convey the corporate message (vision and strategy) convincingly to the customer
- Unwavering personal integrity and ability to build relationships based on trust and respect
- A player coach who can clearly articulate a vision and ensure its implementation
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships internally across multiple functions and externally with customers and vendors
- Process and solution oriented, keeps the long term in the forefront while solving for the short term
- Creative and capable of taking smart risks to enhance standards.
- Ability to execute a concept and scale it across a Region
Internal and External Interfaces:
Member of the Sales organization
- Reports to: Retail Edge Director
- Direct Reports: indirect influence for Field Sales Consultants, Territory Sales Managers and Key Account Managers.
- Product Development
- Category Management
- Customer Service
- Bachelors Degree required
- 3+ years of sales or marketing experience
- Strong foundational level of marketing understanding, knowledge, and capability
- Strategic and executional expertise
- Proven success at managing account relationship
- Executive presence
- Strong business acumen
- Organized and results-oriented
- Passionate about Retail Edge program