Location: United States - Ohio - Columbus
Industry: Food & Beverages
Job Category: Sales / Marketing - Sales & Sales Management
Base Salary - $100,000 to $120,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
7+ to 10 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Always
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
As a Retail Business Development Manager in Ohio, you will be responsible for execution of the sales plan and accountable for the revenue plan and maximizing contribution. You will manage product sales to Retail accounts through the distributor sales network in Ohio. You will also function as the Gallo brand representative for the retail accounts and the distributor, and will maintain business relationships and executes selling techniques. You will also have the opportunity to assess market data, leverage pricing mechanics, and will ultimately make pricing recommendations to their directors.
What You Will Do
- Embraces innovation and demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset
- Assists sales specialists and cross functional partners with identification and activation of consumer engagement initiatives and event execution.
- Supports commercialization of digital marketing programs and leverages digital assets.
- Leverages technology (e.g., Account 360) and digital assets to monitor performance, identify opportunities, direct the action of distributor personnel, make decisions, conduct exception reporting, etc.
- Coordinates activities with other winery support areas within the market (e.g., Customer Development, Shopper Marketing, Business Intelligence Managers).
- Accountable for development and execution of field pricing
- Strategically focuses time on the biggest opportunities to maximize sales and grow Gallo brands
- Recognizes changes in Winery direction and market dynamics and shifts time and resources accordingly
- Participates in annual planning process, including pricing, programming, forecasting sales based on sales related data.
- Coordinates launches of new items.
- Manages POS ordering for assigned channel and/or geography
- Engages in consumer-facing events, including ability to work with fine wine retail accounts to sell luxury offerings and lead luxury events.
- Acts as a Gallo Ambassador, advocating for our brands, including hosting events, leveraging social media and other tools to promote for Gallo sales within his/her community.
- Engages accounts and distributor personnel to ensure all e-Retail opportunities in marketplace are maximized.
- Thoughtful decision making when working with distributor personnel. Recognizes opportunities and re-allocates time and resources strategically
- Collaborates closely with distributor management to ensure execution of annual sales plans, evaluate market conditions, ensure appropriate resources are dedicated to our brands, etc.
- Manages Sales Managers accountability for execution of Gallo programs
- Negotiates monthly objectives and sales incentives
- Oversees the implementation of Gallo national promotions/programs to distributor sales organization.
- Evaluates distributor talent to ensure future talent pipelines for Winery.
- Collaborates with distributor staff and specialists to execute programs with key accounts.
- Develops and presents pricing and forecasting to distributor management including A&P planning.
- Conducts sales training for the distributor sales force and account staff (e.g., store staff), to include wine education.
- Conducts product tastings for on premise, distributor, and other key individual in assigned state.
- Makes sales calls to key retail accounts with subordinates or in collaboration with distributor representatives.
- Develops, coaches and mentors subordinate staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations, recommends salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; address complaints and resolves issues.
- Makes sound business decisions and optimizes resource allocation based on business trends, data, growth opportunities, etc
- Assists with the MDP Recruiting strategy on identified college campuses
- Leading forward-deployed field sales resources
- Promotes positive working relationships across the organization and distributor network.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of Gallo/distributor sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Bachelor's degree plus 6 years of external selling experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to be 21 years of age or older.
- Required to obtain liquor license as required by state/locality.
- Required to travel by air and automobile up to 50% during the course of business
- Required to see, taste, and smell wine and perform wine tastings as part of job functions.
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership selling, time management, public speaking skills.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of Gallo/distributor sales experience OR Bachelor's degree plus 7 years of external selling experience.
- Experience with selling or marketing Gallo products..
- Experience writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Skilled in speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software programs.