The Retail Branch Manager I is responsible for the growth of consumer and business customer relationships, community engagement, and instore partner relationships, while delivering the Woodforest Experience to every customer, every day, every time.
- Achieve branch sales and revenue goals by proactively identifying, marketing, and recommending banking products and services beneficial to the customer.
- Must be a "Keeper of the Woodforest Culture" and possess the ability to create energy around Retail objectives and initiatives.
- Recruit, train, retain and motivate staff to ensure profitability, sales, customer experience, compliance, and growth objectives for assigned branches within the region.
- Develop and lead innovative strategies to grow, retain and deepen consumer and business relationships.
- Proactively grow business deposits and loans through inside and outside business calling.
- Enhance customer experience and the reputation of the Bank by warmly and sincerely greeting, engaging, and developing relationships with retail partners and customers.
- Embrace and lead a technology driven customer experience.
- Lead, partner and execute a community engagement strategy with a Community Development Relationship Manager in order to be an engaged and intrinsic community partner.
- Inspire and lead team members to reach their full potential.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform every other duty as assigned.
- Exhibit operational excellence through diligent adherence to policies and procedures.
- Understand and live by the importance of customer confidentiality.
- Practice branch security procedures and protect customer confidentiality and privacy.
- Perform branch servicing duties such as paying and receiving, cash and vault balancing; ordering cash, cards, reports, audits and control checks; maintain and service automated teller machines; and clean work areas.
- Demonstrate prudent expense management.
- Address customer questions and concerns by telephone and in person or refer to appropriate internal resource with ownership until final resolution.
- Must be proactive when seeking business outside of the branch.
- Inspired, goal oriented, disciplined, team leader with strong interpersonal skills, sales aptitude, and comfortable with outside sales.
- Must be open to direct coaching and feedback.
- Ability to work flexible or extended working hours to meet business needs; demonstrated reliability.
- Demonstrate a passion for taking care of people by exhibiting effective problem-solving abilities, the ability to maintain composure and convey a positive attitude while interacting with customers as well as internal team members.
- Knowledge of/or ability to quickly learn products, services, policies, procedures, regulatory guidelines, as well as engaging in as sales and service process.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, follow directions, and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand instructions, forms, applications, and be familiar with financial statements and credit reports.
- 5 years of relevant and transferrable sales and/or customer service experience.
- OR a Bachelor's degree and 3 years of relevant and transferrable sales and/or customer service experience.
- 1 year of experience leading and directing the activities of a sales team is required.
- Individuals with this level of experience typically report to an on-site manager; will mentor or lead a team of more junior staff but do not typically have formal management responsibility for personnel decisions.
- Previous instore banking experience is preferred, but not required.
- Must be positive and engaging.
Formal Education & Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.