The Restructuring & Insolvency Advisory practice assists stakeholders (Company, Secured Lenders, Trade Creditors) of companies in distressed situations. Our work includes an analytical assessment of the company’s operations including analyzing historical results to determination of revenue enhancements and cost reductions, projecting multi-year business plan, determining the appropriate course of action for the business or our client, including a restructuring or sale of the business.
The Dispute Resolution Services practice works in matters where a contested situation has occurred. These circumstance may include a litigation over lost profits, an embezzlement of funds, or the enforcement of the provisions of a contract. Our work includes the calculation of alleged damages in economic disputes, the application of forensic accounting to determine “what happened?”, and/or the assessment of responsibilities to determine whether parties involved have complied with their commitments.
You will work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment on a variety of projects. You will work with teams that are providing analytical services and advice in turnaround and crisis situations. Duties could include financial statement analysis, document review, assisting in preparation of findings and/or expert reports and results of investigation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide analytical services and advice in turnaround and crisis situations.
- Assist businesses and their counsel in analyzing profits, costs, cash flows, market trends, valuations, and other relevant data
- Assist in preparation of expert reports and/or findings and results of investigation
- Assess the company’s long-term viability and business strategy.
- Recommend and/or implement a financial restructuring plan.
- Prepare financial statement analysis.
- Interact directly with attorneys and/or client personnel and provide value to our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- 15+ years of experience providing complex financial restructuring to distressed companies.
- CPA or CFA preferred.
- CIRA (Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor) designation is a plus.
- Forensic accounting/litigation support experience.
- Insolvency accounting, including creditor committee and/or debtor bankruptcies experience.
- Experience performing financial fraud investigations, financial modeling, ratio and comparable company analysis, preparation and/or review and analysis of financial statements and projections.
- Experience assessing business plans.
- Large case experience is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Significant flexibility of work schedule and travel to meet client needs required.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and root cause determination skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong client-focus skills.
- Ability to extract useful information from large sets of unorganized or incomplete data.
- Ability to work as a part of a team in a deadline-driven environment. A natural self-starter and independent thinker.
- Action-oriented, decisive approach, with the willingness to take a hands-on role to ensure the deliverables are met on time with high quality.
- Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work independently.
- Up to 80% travel