Restaurant Manager/ Director Of Dining Services
The Director of Dining Services is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial manager who is constantly seeking a better way to conduct business. This key leadership position is directly responsible for the successful operation of Dining Services. The Director ensures client, customer service/satisfaction with efficient cost effective management that both meets and exceeds stated expectations. They are responsible for all foodservice-related activities; including care (retail, cafeteria, catering etc), quality improvement, sanitation, infection control, and all client-related activities.
- Manages salaried managers and hourly associates in the Food Service Department
- Oversees the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the account
- Interviews, hires, and trains associates; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates; addresses complaints and resolves problems
- Prepares and manages annual budget
- Utilize company systems for completion of required daily/weekly/monthly reports such as inventory, cash reports, production records, payroll/time-keeping, etc.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of food and beverage items in adherence to company food standards for preparation, presentation, sanitation and safety (meeting HACCP and OSHA guidelines) and portion control
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A. Degree plus four years of directly related experience preferred
- Minimum of two to five years of hospital or adult home/care experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Five to seven years of direct foodservice operational management experience with inventory and purchasing knowledge and control
- Strong knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Previous P&L accountability or contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Strong supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels
- Excellent financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- ServSafe® Certified
- Certified Dietary Manager certificate or Registered Dietitian preferred
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).