The primary responsibility of the Restaurant General Manager is to provide excellent operations management. It is expected that the RGM will adhere to all Company standards, best practices, policies and procedures including, but not limited to guest services, food and employee safety, employee relations/development and achieving financial objectives.
The Restaurant General Manager has primary accountability for the operational and fiscal effectiveness of his/her restaurant. He/she serves as the informational source for the restaurant team; is responsible for 100% compliance with Company and government regulations including food and safety, Department of Labor, the full utilization of resources, maintaining product integrity, and the Company?s image within the community. Securing the company assets with integrity including, but not limited to Company cash, equipment and inventory in accordance with Company policy.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Experience: Three 3 + years of restaurant management experience, which includes P&L responsibility and proven experience managing all shifts without supervision. Advanced studies in business, restaurant management, or related field are preferred.
Specialization: (licenses, certifications, etc?)
Food safety certification according to state or local requirements. Reliable transportation and maintain a valid driver?s license and insurance for positions that require driving: Above Store Leader, General Manager, Assistant Manager and Shift Manager. In addition to reliable transportation, valid driver?s license and insurance, Above Store Leaders with positions requiring significant business driving must maintain an acceptable driving record (MVR).
- PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT ?Recruit, train and develop successful AGM, Shift Manager and Team Member candidates for the restaurant. Implement and utilize Company-defined employee orientation program. Facilitate development and training plans for the restaurant team. Ensure a positive and motivating work environment is established and maintained.
- EMPLOYEE RELATIONS ? Ensure performance reviews for the restaurant team are conducted in a timely and effective manner. Ensure ongoing feedback and use of constructive discipline and properly document employee performance. Establish accuracy and effectiveness of one-to-one communications and formal processes such as bulletin boards and postings. Ensure communication channels and problem resolution is available on all shifts and a 24-hour ?cool-down? is utilized when appropriate. Develop a strong management team to provide all shift access and problem resolution. Escalates applicable matters to ASL, VP Ops or HR such as: performance issues, employment decisions, leaves, background checks, sexual harassment and other matters that substantiate their guidance and expertise to limit legal exposure. Ensure employee turnover is within Company standards.
- SERVING THE CUSTOMER ? Ensure restaurant meets Company guest standards. Lead the restaurant team by example to ensure 100% guest satisfaction 100% of the time. Deliver at or above company standards in ?VOCs? and ?Customer Mania? initiatives. Utilize LAST when responding to guest complaints and empower the restaurant team to resolve guest complaints. Follow-up on guest complaints.
- FINANCIALS ? Manage all restaurant financial controllables and proper use of financial control systems. Systems include, but are not limited to: use of automated tracking systems, managing employee labor, overtime, food (COS), supplies within Company standards, conducting audits, cash management and making daily and timely bank deposits per Company standards. Maintain and protect all Company assets.
- OPERATIONS - Develops CORE behaviors and standards. Ensurse compliance with all training standards; maintains operational updates and keep restaurant manuals up to date. Follows proper opening, closing, safety and security procedures. Maintains cleanliness and preventive maintenance programs. Ensures compliance with all municipal, state and federal codes; health inspections and sanitation procedures. Utilizes Food Safety Checklist and ensures all food safety procedures are followed to the standards set by the QA department. Communicates to the Above Store Leader all operational variances and employee issues. Monitors deletions and overrings to ensure adherence to Company standards.
- COMPLIANCE - Completes employee and restaurant paperwork in a timely manner. Complies with and ensures execution and adherence to all Company policies.
- MARKETING - Implements and executes all marketing programs to their fullest. Recognizes business generators and traffic patterns and plans shifts accordingly.
- Restaurant Team ? training, providing work direction and guidance, building trusting relationships.
- Restaurant Management ? providing operational reports and sharing/seeking advice on problem issues, discussing required repairs or preventative maintenance, establishing a credible relationship.
- Venders - establishing and maintaining excellent relationships to ensure fair & accurate pricing, shipment.
- Strong customer relationships in building loyalty, protecting brand integrity, etc.
- ALWAYS represents the Company in a positive manner.
- Personal Effectiveness - Takes personal ownership of tasks and responsibilities; handles constructive criticism with maturity; ability to operate under minimal direction and supervision self-motivated and self-directed. Persistent in the face of resistance or obstacles.
- Organization ? Demonstrates discipline with excellent follow through attention to detail skills. Shows initiative and flexibility in managing multiple tasks.
- Collaborative ? a ?team player,? leads with an optimistic approach, building trust with employees and rapport with customers.
- Management Effectiveness ? Leads by example; keeps the morale of the team high; communicates work direction and training information clearly and concisely; balances the needs of the store with development of team; motivates towards excellence. Pursues job problems quickly and decisively, requires minimal Above Store Leader intervention, but requests assistance when appropriate.
- Analytical- ability to read and analyze reports and count accurate inventory
Job Type: Full-time
- Restaurant Management: 3years
- P&L responsibility: 3years
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification: