The Respiratory Therapist Team Lead is responsible for leading the team providing direct patient care relating to respiratory illness and diseases in all areas serviced by Respiratory Therapy. Typical Duties:
- Administers routine respiratory therapy procedures per physician orders.
- Maintains artificial airways, assist with intubation, tracheostomy change and decannulation.
- Performs arterial puncture and analysis.
- Assist with cleaning, sterilization and reassembly of equipment.
- Initiates, monitors and maintains continuous mechanical ventilation per physician orders.
- Performs cardio pulmonary resuscitation and other emergency respiratory therapy procedures as necessary.
- Documents respiratory therapy procedures per policy in the patient medical record.
- Provides instruction to patients on the respiratory therapy modalities ordered by their physician.
- Evaluates patient’s clinical conditions and provides suggestions and recommendations for therapeutic procedures to meet patient treatment process.
- Assists with chart audits and quality improvement reviews.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited registry program for Respiratory Therapy.
- 7 plus years of respiratory therapy clinical experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Allied Health from an accredited University.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Therapy.
- Licensure by the Texas Department of Health as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Certified by the American Heart Association as a Basic Life Support Provider.
- ACLS/PALS/NRP certification.
Req #: 6192