Resources Development Systems Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Business Services
Our Confidential Client is seeking an analytical development professional with CRM database management experience to maintain the CRM database and all Development systems. As a Manager of Resource Development Systems, you will be an essential partner to organizational operations. You will work closelywith functions throughout the organization, including IT, Finance, and Marketing & Communications.
You will also be involved in the ongoing upgrade to the current version of our development database (Raiser’s Edge v7.9.6), including liaising with consultants, designing and/or implementing solutions, writing documentation and specifications, developing training materials, and training staff.
This role is ideal for a technical CRM specialist with a data-driven, big-picture approach.
What will you do as a Manager of Resource Development Systems?
- Act as a key participant in an organization-wide initiative to implement Raiser’s Edge as a true fundraising system
- Represent the needs and perspective of the Resource Development department at inter-departmental meetings relating to the RE project and ongoing business practices
- Design and produce fundraising and finance statistical and analytical reports for the executive department, board of directors, and other functions
- Prioritize and manage all new system requirements (that relates to the project) and data requests from Resource Development and external departments
- Ensure the integrity of the database via regular maintenance and ongoing data-hygiene projects
- Ensure implementation of best fundraising and finance business processes, practices, and nonprofit financial regulations in the new system
- Maintain the database code tables within Raiser’s Edge that support a multitude of fundraising efforts, including the coding for all cultivation and solicitation efforts of the Development office (Ex: Planned Giving, Individual Gifts, etc)
- Train and support all staff in the proper use of the fundraising application
- Develop and document data-entry rules
- Analyze and adapt office procedures and systems in response to the changing needs of the Development office
- Liaise with external departments that require Development information and/or that the Development Office needs information from
What does the ideal Manager of Resource Development Look Like?
- Pro-active self-starter and a hands-on problem-solver
- Big-picture thinker with strong knowledge of the business functions of a large, multi-faceted, international Development office
- Strong communicator with excellent writing skills
- Patient, customer-oriented, skilled teacher; experienceworking with varied personalities and balancing client needs with departmental needs a plus
- Prior experiencewith a complex Raiser’s Edge or other CRM database – must be extremely comfortable handling large and complex datasets with a proven track record
- Prior experience managing fundraising systems and working with fundraising staff; salesexperience also relevant
What qualifications do you need to be our Manager of Resource Development Systems?
- Minimum 7-10 years of experiencewith the Raiser’s Edge 7, Salesforce, or equivalent CRM – fundraising CRM experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Crystal Reports is essential, as is Query/Export tools of RE
- Proficiency in MS-Office (including MS-Word mail-merge functions) required
- Working knowledge of SQL extremely helpful
- Experiencewith PaperSave is a strong PLUS
- Experiencewith Classy (online fundraising) is a PLUS
- Experiencewith Omatic Software products is a PLUS
- In depth knowledge and experience writing specs and designing/documenting solutions
What are the compensation and benefits for a Manager of Resource Development Systems?
- This a full time, salaried position
- The organization offers a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- 403(b) with employer contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Beverages/snacks in the office
Job Type: Full-time
- New York, NY
- High school or equivalent
- Raiser's Edge, Salesforce, or equivalent: 7years
- CRM: 2years
- SQL: 1year