Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Analyze, develop and implement resource expansion plans to meet electric system growth requirements for the Xcel operating utility companies, all within the resource bidding / integrated resource planning requirements of each state.
- Develop comprehensive plans to obtain or add new capacity and energy resources in the most cost effective manner. Such plans and processes must be developed for each company and state, within resource planning / acquisition rules that govern the expansion of the system / addition of new generation and/or purchased power resources.
- Interface with regulators, interveners, including political and special interest groups, customers, and power suppliers to obtain consensus, support, and/or regulatory approval of optimal resource plans. This includes filing of testimony, negotiations and presentations.
- Plan and perform expansion plan and production cost economic modeling of alternative supply plans and resources to develop optimal portfolios, incorporating consideration of various scenarios and risks (e.g. fuel prices, electric market prices, reliability criteria, environmental requirements, technology development scenarios, etc.)
- Interface and work with Forecasting, Risk Management, Trading, Gas Supply, Coal Supply, Transmission Operations and other Xcel groups to incorporate short-term and long-range considerations into the optimal resource plans, including transmission constraints, growth forecasts, fuel and electricity market price risks, etc.
- In conjunction with Risk Management, ensure that the expansion plan and production cost modeling of the utility power systems is accurate and current in terms of fuel costs, production capability (heat rates, capacity, starting and variable operating cost, etc.), contract terms (scheduling flexibility, constraints, availability, etc.).
- Design and execute solicitations for new long term capacity and energy resources. Evaluate offers using financial, economic, environmental and other criteria using expansion and production cost models, decision analysis and other quantitative tools. Recommend best offers that meet need and criteria to senior executives for contract negotiation and execution.
Minimum Requirements -Analyst I
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, economics, operations research, mathematics, business (two years professional experience related experience equivalent to one year of college).
- 2 years of energy industry experience or equivalent experience working with large optimization / forecasting models.
- Graduate work in finance, economics, operations research or decision analysis preferred.
Minimum Requirements -Analyst II
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Operations, Research, Mathematics, or Business
- 5 years experience in a related field
- Graduate level education in finance, economics, operations research or decision analysis