As a Resource Planning Analyst, you will help navigate Tacoma Power's path into the future. This is a time of unprecedented change for electric utilities. New technologies, clean energy policies and changing markets are shifting the energy landscape and presenting new opportunities and challenges for utilities. Despite all of these changes, one thing remains constant: Tacoma Power will need to make sure it can keep the lights on. Your portfolio models and economic analyses will be instrumental in ensuring that Tacoma Power can continue to provide customers with low-cost and reliable power into the future, regardless of what that future holds.
- Model: Collaborate in the development, management, operation and refinement of models that simulate Tacoma Power's resource portfolio under various future scenarios.
- Do Some Data Science: Create data sets used as modeling inputs. Automate modeling processes to analyze large numbers of scenarios. Visualize results.
- Think: Analyze and interpret modeling outputs and provide meaningful explanation of results.
- Influence: Contribute your ideas to the team. Present results and recommendations to peers and management.
- Cross-pollinate: Support other department activities through advanced statistical and econometric modeling. Collaborate with other groups throughout the utility.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in Economics, Finance, Data Science, Statistics, Engineering or a related field.
- Six years of performing quantitative analytical work (economic analysis and modeling, forecasting, financial planning or analysis, etc)
- Strong coding background with some basic understanding of data analysis tools (Python, R, SQL, etc.)
- Advanced degree in Economics, Finance, Data Science, Statistics, Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of power system economics, hydroelectric project operations or wholesale energy markets and policies
- Previous experience with Integrated Resource Planning, power marketing or California Energy Imbalance Market
- Familiarity with Go programming language
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Excellent writing skills
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge of economics principles and markets
- Strong knowledge of statistics fundamentals
- Ability to present technical information clearly and concisely
- Strong investigative and exploratory skills