The primary responsibility of the Resource Manager is to manage resourcing for all potential and assigned projects. This position requires that the individual be the liaison among the as it relates to resourcing across all work. The Resource Manage also works directly with Recruitment and HR to facilitate appropriate staffing across the department based on aggregate understanding of project requirements. The Resource Manager must also ensure that project resourcing is managed in order to assure timely delivery and must communicate to appropriate Project Managers resourcing issues that may impact scheduled deadlines. It is also required that this position enforce company processes by utilizing and requesting all Project Managers use proper procedures when requesting resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as point of contact for resource booking confirmation, conflict resolution, and development of solutions in support of business goals.
- Assist with managing and increasing utilization numbers.
- Manage and resolve resource booking conflicts.
- Build, maintain, and communicate resource forecasts.
- Develop & Manage a Cross Training program for the team, including curriculum, content development and delivery vehicles with the end goal of maximizing billable resource utilization.
- Manage overall training/cross-training, hiring recommendations based on forecasted resource needs. Ensuring the right resources, with the right skillsets, available at the right times.
- Run weekly resource meeting and facilitate resourcing issues / conflict resolution with Professional Services and appropriate department heads.
- Manage resourcing forecast spreadsheets for Professional Services based on input from weekly meetings.
- Work with Professional Services Practice Leaders and Project Managers to identify appropriate resource requirements for each account and project.
- Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing.
- Monitor day to day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of underutilization and actively work with the Practice Leaders to address and solve those issues.
- Arrange weekly meetings with Professional Services Management team to discuss all active projects and potential new business as well as to stay informed of potential issues such as resource and change control matters.
- Receive, analyze and report on weekly utilization reports to Professional Services Management team.
- Alert Senior Management team of any potential concerns or issues with meeting key client deliverables due to resourcing.
- Work with departments to resource and assist in the identification and management of vendors and facilitate initial discussions necessary to meet specific project requirements.
- Identify potential resourcing or process issues and present to Professional Services Management team with resolutions to such issues where applicable.
- Attend weekly resource calls and manage collaboration process with other department or practice to share resources on an as needed basis.
- Recommend process improvements for Resource Management.
- Responsible for managing overall utilization.
- Work to resolve any issues regarding under or over allocations of current staff members.
- 5 years resource management or project management experience in software solutions industry.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Microsoft excel.
- Salesforce/Financial Force experience a plus.
- Assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Clear and concise communication in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to be diplomatic or firm when necessary in order to drive business forward or obtain results.
- Highly detail oriented and able to work autonomously.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence and ease.
Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple groups.
- You have 2-5+ years of combined project management and resource management experience
- You are a confident and sophisticated communicator, presenter, and writer
- You have a track record of building effective and efficient project and/or program management systems in a client services environment
- You have proven experience with talent and/or resource management, having worked with a range of multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced client services environment
- You carry high personal integrity, with a commitment to advancing both profit and mission-driven objectives
- You have significant project management experience, and can speak to those experiences
- You have experience handling sensitive and confidential information and dealing with urgent, highly confidential issues in a fast-paced environment
- You ideally have some experience managing external vendors to achieve strong end-user results
- You have proven experience developing and implementing recruitment processes across a range of positions
- You are ideally familiar with creative agencies, campaigning, and movement-building or issue areas of strong relevance to Purpose’s mission
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion and qualifications for the role.