- Drive an effective partnership with country leaders, consulting leaders and team leaders (within assigned countries) and infuse productive resourcing practices into sales and delivery processes
- Partner with solution and market leaders to understand the composition of the regional talent pool and identify opportunities to optimize resourcing
- Stay current in understanding the organizational matrix (solutions, markets, geos, lines of business, internal functions) and be up to date on changes as they occur
- Work in close partnership with other key internal functions
- Monitor solution trends and developments and share this among appropriate teams and leaders
- Know your talent pool including numbers, individual skill profiles/interests, group skill gaps/surpluses, potential training needs
- Constantly evaluate the needs of the Firm, Region, Office, Client and Consultant in determining the right staffing solutions; contractor vs. FTE tradeoff
- Manage client team expectations through appropriate information sharing and education
- Understand the staffing need fully, and in the unique context of the client/solution, determining consultant ‘success profile’ for Advisory’s various offerings
- Think appropriately outside immediate talent pools for the right opportunity for others
- Hand requests to appropriate groups within ARM where necessary following globally agreed processes
- Help expose new or unknown talents to engagement teams, advocating for their capability to be successful in a new environment
- Onboard new consultants, educating them on how to effectively partner with ARM
- Seek and provide feedback; maintain an ongoing feedback loop with consultants and people managers on performance; utilize information to enhance development opportunities for consultants moving forwards
- Appreciate fully the need to adjust staffing approach to the needs and cultural norms of different countries
Understanding the Business
- Apply your knowledge of the professional services industry and how publicly listed consulting firms operate (e.g., contract-to-cash, business development cycles, project delivery cycles, billable hours, time entry, quarterly reporting etc) to staffing
- Review and monitor monthly reports, including but not limited to: utilization reporting, pipeline, solution specific reporting, backlog
- Leverage business and financial acumen to understand the implications of bill rates, fees, priority work etc.
- Understand our clients, what they do, what they need and how we are helping them
- Demonstrate strong commercial awareness when reporting to stakeholders: utilization, monitoring and investigating discrepancies between the data, and providing insight to the leadership teams, highlighting any potential concerns
- Participate in internal solution relevant sessions, read relevant solution related white papers, attend town halls and investor calls
- Look for opportunities for development within the work environment (e.g., shadowing consultants, engagements, asking questions about the work and the client etc)
- Ask for feedback from your ARM colleagues, managers and importantly, your consultants – seek a continuous improvement approach to learning and serving Advisory
- Escalate challenges, brainstorm alternatives, and ask for help in order to learn from your peers and consultants
- Share knowledge, best practices, and skills with your ARM team
Skills & Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree highly preferred. Equivalent qualifications accepted.
- 7-10+ years’ experience in resource management or related field.
- High degree of professionalism in all areas (communication, approach, style); understanding what it means to represent a top tier professional services firm.
- Highly developed diplomacy, influencing, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Ability to lead multiple, high profile/value and complex projects with multiple top-level stakeholders.
- Effectively work under pressure and with short timelines/competing demands.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple geographies/cultures.
- Ability to partner at all levels of the organization internally and externally.
- Gravitas and judgment to understand when and how to challenge senior leaders productively and maintain relationships.
- Highly analytical; puzzle-solving.
- Creative and resourceful.
- Ability to maintain and align with processes.
- Detail orientated with a strong focus on quality.
- Ability to handle large amounts of information and ambiguity.
- Sense of discretion/prudence in working with sensitive information.
- Multiple languages preferred.