Resource Analyst - Intermediate Level
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
TS/SCI with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and CI Polygraph clearance is required.
Location: DC, Maryland, Virginia area.
The Resource Analyst performs a variety of resource management duties in support of agency program, Office, Directorate and Staff components. The Resource Analyst assists management with a full range of budget and resource management duties on wide variety programs not involving large scale acquisition developments and operations.
**The nature of Resource Analyst work varies from report generation, document preparation, trend and program analyses at the Program and Office level requiring moderately complex interpretation of data; resource guidance, briefing generation, and complex analyses at the Program office and Directorate levels highlighting program risk factors to the senior manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Contractor personnel at this level shall be able to perform all of the tasks and demonstrate the desired skill sets of an Entry Level Resource Analyst. Intermediate Level Resource Analyst tasks and desired skill set shall also include the following:
- Makes recommendations regarding program requirements and spends plans for accuracy and completeness.
- Identifies and conveys resource trade-offs within and among competing programs and provides senior managers with resource alternatives
- Makes a recommended draft budget estimates and requirements for new and existing initiatives. Recommends revisions.
- Makes recommendations regarding updating current and future component or group resource requirements.
- Makes recommendations regarding the final review of program level submissions for budget exercises and the IPBS, CBJB, and CJB closing gaps and resolving discrepancies prior to submission for senior management review.
- Reviews Program and Directorate data in the NEXT, agency FIRsT, NEAR, NFIS,FIT, EpX Studio, and SNaP systems for accuracy and completeness.
- Keeps abreast of all policies as they apply to agency financial management, fully understands any changes to policies, and drafts change recommendations during policy review.
- Provides recommended guidance on the interpretation and application of financial regulations, policies, and procedures to senior management.
- Makes recommendations regarding on the coordination and execution of operating guidance, which incorporates all Congressional marks and management decisions.
- Makes recommendations regarding the analysis of resource information to draw conclusions about its value, importance, or accuracy for use in data analysis.
- Makes recommendations regarding utilizing existing methods to resolve data discrepancies, verify, and validate data.
- Assists in the design, implementation, and use of corporate resource information repositories, databases, decision support tools, strategies, processes, procedures and reports to ensure accurate financial reporting and management oversight in support of program initiatives.
- Reviews BLI requests at the Program and Directorate level in compliance with agency policies on CLINs, Appropriations, ETs and BOCs.
- Proposes resource realignments and sources at the Program and Directorate level as required to maintain program execution or to respond to unplanned circumstances.
- Makes recommendations regarding final program level TRi-Annual Unliquidated Obligation review inputs and documentation for completeness prior to submission
- Makes recommendations regarding funding documentation for accuracy and compliance with applicable agency policies and instructions.
- Maintains appropriate internal controls to minimize data inaccuracy and/or unauthorized use of agency funds.
- Makes recommendations regarding program level UFRs, recommending changes and prioritization to senior management.
- Edits and drafts impacts to program resources resulting from of contract and engineering changes for senior management review.
- Edits and drafts budget summaries, charts, memoranda, issue papers and talking points for senior management.
- Drafts, reviews and edits correspondence, presentations, and briefings in response to action items.
- Participates in cross agency program meetings to develop draft responses for consideration by Government personnel.
- Makes recommendations regarding Program and Directorate inputs on the development, revision, implementation, data collection and reporting of performance measures to include: policies, metrics, OMB PART process strategies, ODNI strategic planning and performance guidance, IC SEM implementation, and other performance measurement processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical or Business-related discipline (Advanced degree preferred)
- Target 6 years
- High School Diploma
- Target 10 years
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.