The General Manager is responsible for the daily management of the resorts daily operations to achieve planned goals for the property in keeping with all corporate standards. In addition, is responsible for maintaining the resorts assets and quality standards, local marketing of the resorts products and services, and development of the resorts human recourses and Owner/Guest satisfaction.
Recruit, train and develop a team of resort managers. Perform performance appraisals, coach, and counsel members of the resort management team.
• Administer the continued career development of staff, and maintain the resorts high level of customer service.
• Responsible for managing the daily operation of the resort while maintaining established costs and quality standards.
• Establish departmental responsibilities and coordinate functions among departments and sites.
• Direct the organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
• Manage and achieve all areas of the budgets by implementing proper controls. Control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, policy making, and inventory control while focusing on creative cost control and revenue generation solutions to maximize profit for the property.
• Review room inventory and conduct sales strategies to maximize room revenue.
• Analyze operations to evaluate performance of the resort and its staff members and to determine areas of potential cost reduction and process improvements.
• Direct, plan, and implement policies, objectives, and activities of organizations or businesses to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, and to increase productivity.
• Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
• Conduct weekly yield meetings to ensure the resort’s inventory is managed effectively to attain the highest yield per resort objectives.
• Maintain assets, local marketing of products and services, development of human resources and owner/guest satisfaction of the resort.
• Maintain personal contact with owners/guests of resort to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Monitor and maintain procedures for safety of guests and associates.
• Maintain all reporting SOP’s and timeline as outlined by the regional director and corporate.
• Prepare budgets for approval, including those for funding and implementation of program.
• Prepare and present reports concerning activities, expenses, budgets, government statutes and rulings, and other items affecting businesses or program services.
• Ensure all communication standards are being met and all association administration and fiduciary duties are being carried out.
• Responsible for all Board of Director’s communications and relations
• Confer with board members, organization officials, and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, and resolve problems.
• Create, implement, report and analyze the Golf & Ski Operations plan including budget and all other golf related financial duties.
• Establish and enforce golf course and ski policies, rules and regulations.
• Oversee all golf & ski programs and activities, including tournaments, special groups, instruction and retail promotions.
• Ensure consistent high standards of customer service across all golf & ski operations.
• May perform other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university (Business Administration, Hospitality Management or related major); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Four years as Assistant General Manager or two years as General Manager within a brand name resort or hotel. Experience working in a leadership capacity managing a minimum of $2 million revenue.
Knowledge of the daily operations of front desk, reservations, yield management and problem resolution. Knowledge of Vacation Ownership. Experience working with a Property Management System.
Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills, strong ability to think strategically and analyze information timely and accurately. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with all levels of the organization. Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data. Knowledge of total hotel revenue management concepts, processes and strategies. Knowledge of laws, legal codes, governement regulations, rules that apply to job (e.g, OSHA,EPA,ADA,CFC,NFPA,ASI).