The purpose of the Purchasing Manager is to drive efficiencies, collaboration and standardization within Procurement Program to utilize buying power across Resort Operations, Construction and Design (C&D), Engineering, Sales Locations and Corporate Offices. This includes establishment of formal and annual RFP/RFQ process to ensure competitive pricing and continuous vendor/product improvement, SOP consistency across all disciplines, alignment with QA and Sustainability standards and insertion into audit functions to continuously test compliance. This position requires an individual who can objectively analyze product offerings and vendor capabilities. It is highly collaborative in nature and requires alignment with all effected parties to ensure their product needs are being met against budgeted funds.
• Manage vendor network to ensure proper product selection, pricing and distribution through standardizing a formal, annual RFP/RFQ process
• Collaborate directly with Resort Management and respective procurement leaders within Construction and Design, Engineering, Sales and Corporate offices to ensure strategy is all-inclusive
• Develop seamless forecasting process to ensure limited out-of-stock and back order situations, while managing vendor expectations
• Serve as key point person for procurement-related items to all resort staff and respective procurement leaders.
• Utilize proper testing platform, relying on constant resort collaboration and feedback to confirm product decisions/selections prior to rollout
• Develop ordering platform for resort field to utilize in all buying responsibilities
• Develop and maintain “Bluegreen at Home” program to allow amenities and products to be ordered by owners and guests and shipped to them via an online platform/website
• Partner with QA team to ensure alignment in products within SOP and inventory items within QA.
• Work collaboratively with Director of QA and Sustainability on new product/amenity initiatives that are focused in delivering an excellent guest experience and promoting sustainability
1 – Minimum Formal Education:
Bachelors Degree, 4 year University
2 – Minimum Experience:
Minimum 5 years of purchasing experience, preferably within the hospitality industry.
3 – Essential Training, Knowledge, Licenses and /or Certifications:
MS Office Suite
4 – Essential Professional Skills/Competencies:
Must be proficient in vendor management and forecasting in addition to all other responsibilities within the procurement field. High degree of professionalism and strong ethical code required.
Our goal is to improve the quality of work/life by providing equal employment opportunities for all candidates and team members. Bluegreen Vacations Corporation believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a broad candidate pool. We are a drug-free workplace, and if offered employment, candidate must be willing to submit to a background check/drug test. EOE/DFW