ICF is seeking a Residential HVAC Account Manager to join our Energy Efficiency Program team, located in Las Vegas, NV. In this role, you will work for utility sponsored energy efficiency projects focused on residential markets. The selected candidate will be responsible for single family and multi-family residential HVAC and Limited Income account management activities, which includes but may not be limited to engaging professional organizations, distributors, manufacturers and contractors, reviewing project plans and specifications, and conducting inspections at residential homes. In addition, the candidate will routinely review inspectionreports of participating customers and/or contractors, and assist with the development and implementation of programs, plans and procedures.
- Recruiting program participants (contractors, distributors and manufacturers), account management, developing and implementing sales strategies, preparing and delivering persuasive presentations, relationship building activities.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to companies participating in utility-sponsored programs.
- Review technical specifications, engineering calculations and cost estimates for energy efficiency projects
- Provide an array of contractor support and assistance services
- Conduct surveys and inspections of energy efficiency projects to verify equipment installation and operation.
- Manages and implements the field and internal verification process for Utility DSM programs including the selection and review of assignments, tracks performance against metric, and ensures all necessary forms and materials are completed.
- Regularly reviews program QC findings. Based on the findings leverages best practices and continuous improvement to implement long term solutions in partnership with the client and ICF Program Managers.
- Generates reports to audit, monitor and measure performance and relevant metrics.
- Occasionally process utility applications to maintain familiarity and skill level required to train support staff.
- Interacting in a sales environment with professional organizations, distributors, manufacturers and contractors, homeowners, utility representatives and other key stakeholders.
- Experience performing energy savings calculations and energy audits.
- Conducts internal and external training to include; webinars, tutorials and conference calls on relevant business processes and standards.
- Manages the process of regularly reviewing and updating critical program documentation. Documentation to include field verification guides and forms, processing manuals, and policy and procedure manuals. Regularly includes updated industry trends and insights into manuals and procedure manuals to ensure program materials are most relevant.
- Works as part of a cross functional team including operations, IT, Marketing, and Customer Service/Processing. Regularly meets with Customer Service/Processing lead to ensure best practices and continuous improvement initiatives are aligned on and implemented effectively for the client.
- Leads training for program management and internal business partners when processes, manuals, or systems get updated.
- Conduct scheduled and unscheduled review of processing and application process to see where improvements can be made on flaws, cycle times, processing errors, and other key metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Energy or Environmental Policy or similar related subject, and/or
- 3+ years of utility, energy efficiency or equivalent tradeexperience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: residential -HVAC, energy use including motors, HVAC systems and other electric systems and controls.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Access).
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following certifications: Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst, BPI Building Envelope, NATE, ACCA Educational Program for Instructional Certification (EPIC).
- Experience working on successful HVAC energy efficiency programs, with specific expertise in residential energy issues.
- Strong working knowledge of the existing network of equipment manufacturers, distributors, contractors and construction market players.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with energy efficiency program implementation with a focus on residential HVAC programs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide project leadership and meet client goals.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of intellectual property, proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Outstanding analytical, writing, and communication skills and excellent interpersonal and self-motivation skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude are required.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions