The Residential Community Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of community governance including Board of Directors matters; manage facility, maintenance and landscape operations; manage community standards along with the entire Residential Design Review Process, annexation of common area from builder/developer; and work with the management team, Board, contractors, and community stakeholders on day-to-day operations.
The Residential Community Manager provides broad based support to the management team that is assigned in the daily operation of Association business. Some of the position responsibilities consists of processing member requests, performing accounting/financial assignments, assisting the Executive Director with the annual budget, reserve study, annual audit, insurance, risk management and legal collections process. Must also provide management support to the board, committee and team members in the performance of their duties. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Manage board of director functions including: scheduling; meeting notifications; prepare month board meeting agenda and meeting packages; board presentations; preparation of resolutions; and related administrative functions.
- Attend all Board of Directors and annual meetings and, as necessary, after hours community related functions, events, activities and social events involving the board and/or association.
- Provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers on a consistent basis and following company policy and procedures, including all recordkeeping, FS Connect updates, data input and mailing duties as required
- Coordinate all applicable responsibilities and duties associated with the Residential Community Manager position involving the design review architectural process relative to submittals received from homeowners and/or builder/developer to ensure timely review in conjunction with the Design Review Committee Members, contracted architect, landscape architect and Executive Director Must update/maintain architectural logs in FSR Connect (copy on the server database) and pertinent information in accordance with the association's architectural/design guidelines
- Perform review of each architectural/design submittal to determine if it meets with the association's guidelines
- Prepare and communicate in writing all architectural/design review decision rendered by the committee to the homeowners and/or their representatives
- Assist in entering and maintaining work orders for maintenance requests from homeowners. Assist in follow up on the status of work orders to ensure timely resolution and close each week
- Prepare, proofread and process association mailings, as drafted by and per instructions from management team
- Review and prepare all fee waiver requests for the board approval/denial consideration.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of management reports for delivery to the board, per departmental and company procedures
- Attend board meetings and other association meetings (committee, task force, etc.) as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of all annual membership meetings and other meetings (e.g., sub-associations and member meetings) scheduled at the DRCA office
- Manage and coordinate community scheduling and facility use of the association office in accordance to the community facility use policy and agreement
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of all board and committee meetings, including recording and preparing all meeting minutes
- Ensure that copies of all correspondence, management reports, annual meeting minutes, newsletters and other pertinent documentation are distributed according to departmental and company procedures
- Use FSR Connect daily per department protocol and ensure the following activities and/or documents are entered and uploaded into FSR Connect:
- Update board member lists (copy on the server database)
- Update community calendar and notes log
- Schedule mass communication per community manager directive
- Upload all correspondence, management reports, regular and annual meeting minutes, newsletters, return mail, homeowner calls, community alerts and other documentation
- Provide and direct all telephone calls and emails to the management team (as applicable)
- Meet with inquiring homeowners as needed
- Possess a sense of urgency in handling day-to-day operations, completion of tasks, and addressing other expectations established for the position
- Ability to work with external and internal groups, including the larger community, internal departments and other organization affiliated with the position responsibilities
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned
- The Residential Community Manager is responsible for the direct or indirect supervision of the
- Standards and Compliance Coordinator duties.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience within residential property/community management, hospitality, event management, services or other related service-based fields
- Real estate or community/property management experience is a plus
- Administrative or customer service background. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and other software products. Ability to operate telephone systems. Operate automated mailing equipment, fax machines, copiers and other standard office equipment. Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision. Accepts direction and supervision. Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Strong customer service, communication, accounting/financial and interpersonal skills required.