Perry Homes is seeking a Designer to join our team at our Corporate Office located near Hobby Airport!
Since 1967, we have built homes for over 50,000 families and we are still growing.
Bob Perry held a vision for building quality homes at a reasonable price. For more than 50 years, Perry Homes? continued commitment to quality and value has allowed us to build a sterling reputation as one of the largest and most trusted homebuilders in Texas. In 2015, we were named Builder of the Year by the Greater Houston Builders Association for the third time over the company?s history.
Summary of Position
The Designer is responsible for consistently exercising discretion and judgment in the intellectual field of architecture as relating to the designs of all Perry Homes products including floor plans and elevations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Use discretion and judgment in the intellectual field of architecture to accomplish the following:
- Design of all Perry Homes products.
- Develop preliminary floor plans and elevation designs;
- Analyze preliminary designs for cost compliance, value engineering, and overall design efficiency;
- Work with CAD producer to ensure proper implementation of design ideas; and
- Check plans for design accuracy.
- Design new elevations for existing products.
- Facilitator of Design/Production/Estimating Team.
- Follow plan closely through production to ensure conformance with design; and
- Work with Estimator to develop cost analysis to verify cost compliance of plans.
- Work with Production Manager to oversee flow of plans through department.
- Field reviews of Perry Homes products as well as competition.
- Frequently must complete projects on a very short notice with extreme time constraints.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelors degree in Architecture or related field required.
- Must be a Licensed Architect.
- Requires 3-10 years of experience in design with an emphasis in high-end residential design.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate with others effectively, both orally and in writing, in a professional and competent manner.
- Demonstrated presentation and computer skills including knowledge of AutoCAD and a working knowledge of MS Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, fractions and decimals, to compute percentages, and to perform basic algebra and geometry.
- Demonstrated organization and time management, which includes the ability to multi-task and run multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining thoroughness and precision.
- A team-oriented, proactive and adaptable work ethic.
- A valid driver?s license and reliable transportation.
Full Benefits Package
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Life, STD & LTD Insurance
- PTO Leave
- New Home Discount
**Note to job seekers: Your resume will be reviewed and the best qualified candidates will be contacted in the event that there is a potential match**
Perry Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer