Responsible for developing and executing the validation testing for Fujitsu RUs based on customer (DISH) requirements. Work with internal and external resources to execute design and validation of product with other vendor's products. Support customer trials as needed. Define and conduct detailed integration test plans with Fujitsu, partner and customer resources. Hands-on work in FNC’s, customer or partner’s test facilities. Develop integration MOPs and execution of same.
- Lead Software, Hardware and Firmware integration for LTE and 5G NR RAN
- End to End RAN Integration Knowledge is required
- Familiarity with over-the-air testing of LTE, LTE-A, 5G NR, CPE and UE
- Deep knowledge of BBU (L1, L2 and L3) signalling protocols
- Fronthaul Interfaces: CPRI, eCPRI, RoE and IEEE 1914 and xRAN/oRAN (option 7.2 x) knowledge
- Wireless Standards/Organizations: 3GPP, IETF, ONAP, LTE, 5G NR and 802.11 protocols
- Experience with RAN products including cloud RAN, Software-defined networking, massive MIMO, 5G macros and small cell deployments
- Knowledge of PHY and MAC Layer and Embedded software
- Antenna design, beamforming and interference mitigation for 5G/4G is a plus
- Core experience: EPC and 5G NG Cores
- Network integration of RAN into mobile operators experience is required
- Network Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP/IP and HTTP
- Software: Audit, Qualify and Evaluation of 3rd party software features and applications
- Testing: Design integration test plans for lab, field and customer trials
- Test tools: Must have worked with an array of test equipment and tools
- Processes: familiar with engineering design process (design reviews, documentation, performance analysis and defect analysis)
- Software Development Processes: familiar with Waterfall, Agile and Scrum (Iterative)
- Familiar with NFV, Software virtualization, Virtual machines, containers and VNF’s
- Overall system performance verification is required
Regularly interacts with customers’ engineering team. Interactions frequently involve highly visible wireless product technical evaluation, laboratory and field trials, proof of concepts activities, influencing other engineering executives and/or decision makers and representing the organization on matters of great significance to the wireless and services business
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering or related field is preferred
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of LTE, 5G and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network RAN is desirable
- Minimum 7 to 10 years with protocol analyzers, test tools such as XCAL, QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators is a plus.
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge in LTE Air Interface, PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers is required.
- Ownership of project success by urgently addressing actions and issues to deliver commercially available wireless solutions.
- Document project status, conduct analytics and write final reports. Conduct integration status meetings with partners, customers and internal teams as needed.