The Resident Geotechnical Engineer will provide on site geotechnical construction oversight for the construction of an above ground water storage reservoir and earthen dam project. Relocation to the project site will be required, expected project duration is 5 years. The project is located near Ft. Myers, FL.
Engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications. Research and resolve design and construction problems.
Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrating safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Daily review and approval of QA/QC test results and field inspection reports.
- Interpretation of the geotechnical aspects of the plan and specifications requirements.
- Review of Foundation Preparation and Mapping.
- Qualification of borrow materials for use in embankment construction.
- Review and approval of canal/ditch cleaning operations.
- Verification of bottom elevations for the soil bentonite wall and appropriate key into the confining clay layer.
- Verification of embankment settlement waiting periods.
- Inspection of seepage collection systems.
- Inspection of soil cement slope protection placement operations.
- Oversight of installation of a pressure relief system along the canal boundary.
- Review of geotechnical instrumentation installations and data submittals.
- Review and approval/response to Contractor's submittals, RFI's, Value Engineering proposals, change orders, etc.
- Lead inspections and monitoring during reservoir first filling operations.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Provide review of projects requiring complex and innovative investigation techniques and supervise the analysis and formulation of recommendations in written reports to clients; provides technical review of reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 8-11 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
10 Years of experience in design and construction oversight of earthen dams and levees