$100K — $150K *
Our culture is built around our people. Voted a top workplace by our employees, we are committed to advancing careers and providing a foundation for professional growth. Urban offers a wide range of health, welfare and financial benefits to our employees, as well as career development through our own Urban Training Institute, tuition assistance program, and certification incentives.
Urban is actively seeking Construction Resident Engineers to work as part of our distinguished team on complex highway and bridge projects throughout NJ. Clients include NJDOT, NJTA, NJT, DRPA, DRJTBC, PA NY/NJ and other agencies, authorities and counties.
Resident Engineer Responsibilities:
• Lead the construction inspection team to meet client project goals by managing costs, schedule and quality.
• Conduct project meetings, monitor schedule, and oversee shop drawing review process.
• Review and approve pay estimates, mitigate potential claims, resolve change orders, analyze unforeseen conditions and issues for potential solutions.
• Prepare project correspondence and progress reports for client approval, and monitor construction activities for conformance with contract documents.
• Proactively communicate with the contractor, designer, and client to progress the project in a timely manner to meet the project goals.
Resident Engineer Job Requirements:
• Minimum of 10 years Construction Inspection experience along with a minimum of 3 years Resident Engineer experience
• NICET III or IV and/or PE required
• NJSAT, NECEPT, ACI, and/or NACE preferred
• Rutgers Traffic Control Coordinator (TCC)
• Site Manager and/or CapEx experience a plus
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Valid driver’s license
Valid through: 7/5/2021