$150K — $200K *
Our culture is built around our people. Voted a top workplace by our employees, we are committed to advancing careers and providing a foundation for professional growth. Urban offers a wide range of health, welfare and financial benefits to our employees, as well as career development through our own Urban Training Institute, tuition assistance program, and certification incentives.
Founded in 1960, Urban provides services for buildings, ports, transit, railroads, airports, bridges, and highways. We specialize in engineering design, environmental, planning, construction services, and program management. By providing innovation, technical excellence, and on-time performance, we create value for a proud Urban family.
Urban Engineers, Inc. is actively seeking a Resident Engineer to work on a CTDOT Highway/Bridge project and to lead a construction inspection team on a project over $50M.
Resident Engineer Responsibilities:
• Supervise office and field staff
• Prepare correspondence, construction orders, payment estimates and reports
• Schedule reviews, negotiate with the contractor, and maintain positive client relations
• Ensure all inspection staff are familiar with up to date plans and specifications
• Coordinate with various stakeholders including owner, designer, contractor, subcontractors, utility companies, town officials and various DOT departments
Resident Engineer Job Requirements:
• A minimum of 12 years of experience including 8 years of field inspection and 6 years of supervision, preferably with CTDOT, CTDOT MSAT or CTDAS
• CT PE license is required
• PMP or CCM certifications a plus
• Preferred licenses and certifications include:
o NETTCP HMA, Concrete Inspector, Soils & Aggregate Inspector
o ATTSA Traffic Control Supervisor
• Experience with COMPASS or other document control systems is preferred
• Strong written and oral communication skills along with strong computer skills are required
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
Req: 573 #LI-ST1
Valid through: 7/5/2021