TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation. We are seeking experienced Resident Engineers (RE) for upcoming and future projects that will be responsible for the administration of the construction contract. All incoming and outgoing project documentation is channeled through the Resident Engineer, who has signatory authority for all project issuances to the client and contractor. Candidate must have experience working in a team environment. Candidate must have the ability to direct and supervise field construction activities and staff, office engineering, inspection, materials testing, field contract administration, and to act as liaison with clients/owners, consultants, contractors, design professionals and regulatory agencies.
- Makes significant and final determinations regarding contract administration
- Maintains constructive relationships with the contractor and client
- Project safety --
- Conducts/attends bi-weekly Safety meetings
- Oversees and monitors the safety of TRC personnel
- Monitors the contractor's safety program
- Has knowledge of the pertinent contract documents and references specific to the project
- Understands, interprets and makes sound engineering determinations regarding contract documents
- Exercises sound engineering judgment and follows through on determinations made during oversight of all field operations
- Resolves or facilitates the resolution of all discrepancies or problems with contract documents and issues arising from field operations
- Creates and maintains open and productive communications among subordinates, sub-consultants, TRC management, contractors, clients and the public
- Verifies all contract documentation is generated timely and filed in proper order
- Receives and generates all contract correspondence
- RE shall be either Registered Civil Engineers with a valid license in the state where the project is located with a minimum of five (5) years' experience in construction inspection or have a minimum of 15 years' construction experience.
- BS in Construction Management, Civil, or Structural Engineering as well as California Professional Engineer License is preferred.
- Experience working in an operating environment and familiar with public agencies preferred.