STV is seeking an experienced Resident Engineer to join our team in the Chicago office and help manage numerous transportation and infrastructure projects.
- Supervise a staff of Field Inspectors construction staff
- Responsible to oversee contractor activities for compliance to contract documents.
- Witness and document test and inspections and coordinate field activities with outside agencies and other contractors.
- Implement service bulletins.
- Coordinate with other contractors to schedule work. Implement work assignment schedule of field staff for client approval. Review and approve all daily reports for uploading to project web-based management site.
- Provide direction and training to field staff in the inspection of materials and upcoming work activities for compliance to contract documents. Verify quantities used and material available for current and future work activities.
- Resolve field issues which arise during execution of plans in construction to maintain schedules. Attend Pre- construction activity Meetings and prepare Process Plan Workbooks
- Attend weekly Rail Ops meetings, review Rail Service Bulletins and Power & Way Bulletins for accuracy. Coordinate support personnel and coordinate Flagger requests.
- Provide information for maintenance of various logs and reports, review Redline Drawings and specifications, review of Contractor Pay Requests and all Change Work.
- Review of Submittals and RFIs, and Safety and Security Plan implementation budgets and scope of work.
- A minimum 11 years of experience in the construction of Multi-discipline, large scale public works infrastructure/transportation projects, as well as design-build construction experience of comparable size projects.
- Related Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineer License