STV’s Transportation and Infrastructure Group in Trenton, NJ and Philadelphia, PA is seeking an experienced Resident Engineer for a long span bridge painting and rehabilitation project in the Philadelphia Metro Area. This individual should be well versed in bridge painting, containment units, platforms and structural rehabilitation, possess excellent communication, computer, and writing skills and be experienced with CPM Scheduling. Responsibilities will include providing overall project quality control, supervision and contract administration, managing
sub-consultants, maintain a high level of safety awareness, coordination with utility companies, project costs, scheduling and performance decisions, act as the client’s main point of contact during construction, negotiates changes to scope of work, and implement the Project Work Plan, Health & Safety Plan, Quality Control Plan and other documents.
Minimum Required Skills & Relevant Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil, Structural Engineering or Construction Management
- 7+ years as Resident Engineer on projects $10M or greater, preferably long span bridges
- 5+ years of experience with bridge blast cleaning, painting and lead abatement
- Experienced with platform and containment construction
- Licensed Professional Engineer in New Jersey or Pennsylvania
- NACE certified and SSPC-SP-3 Supervisor / Competent
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.