NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
NV5 is seeking to fill several Resident Engineer and Structure Representative positions to support our Construction Management Group.
- Responsible for contract management, administration and coordination on projects of various sizes and types.
- Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating construction engineering documents.
- Responsible for monitoring assigned staff to determine that the contractor's activities are monitored and controlled in accordance with project plans, specifications and contractual requirements.
- Liaison between Client, Company Personnel and Contractor in resolution of project issues.
- Analyze complex construction/design problems requiring the development of new or improved techniques or procedures.
- Represents projects/clients at meetings and conferences.
- The Senior Resident Engineer will also assist and participate in pursuing new opportunities for NV5.
- Review and respond to Contractor's correspondence as required.
- Implement on site procedures to assist staff in performing their work.
- Keep client informed regarding project issues and provide possible resolutions.
- Read and interpret plans.
- Monitor contractor progress and compare with approved Progress Schedule.
- Mentor and train staff.
- Administer and manage contract and budget.
- Coordinate with other agencies as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, or related field.
- California Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with heavy civil transportation projects
- Caltrans construction methods and practices, minimum of 5 years' experience
- Relevant past work experience performing field engineering tasks of increasing responsibility
- Business Development experience
- Local agency and rail experience
- Storm water Pollution and Prevention Plan implementation
- Structure construction experience
- Multi discipline and agency coordination