- Responsible for contract management, administration and coordination on projects of various sizes and types.
- Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating construction engineering documents.
- Responsible for monitoring assigned staff to determine that the contractor's activities are monitored and controlled in accordance with project plans, specifications and contractual requirements.
- Liaison between Client, Company Personnel and Contractor in resolution of project issues.
- Analyze complex construction/design problems requiring the development of new or improved techniques or procedures.
- Represents projects/clients at meetings and conferences.
- The Senior Resident Engineer will also assist and participate in pursuing new opportunities for NV5.
- Review and respond to Contractor's correspondence as required.
- Implement on site procedures to assist staff in performing their work.
- Keep client informed regarding project issues and provide possible resolutions.
- Read and interpret plans.
- Monitor contractor progress and compare with approved Progress Schedule.
- Mentor and train staff.
- Administer and manage contract and budget.
- Coordinate with other agencies as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, or related field.
- California Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with heavy civil transportation projects
- Caltrans construction methods and practices, minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Relevant past work experience performing field engineering tasks of increasing responsibility
- Business Development experience
- Local agency and rail experience
- Storm water Pollution and Prevention Plan implementation
- Structure constructionexperience
- Multi discipline and agency coordination
NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefits package:
401k Program Financial Consulting through Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Employee Assistance Program.