Resident Engineer Staff - Top Secret Clearance - 938672
Apply Apply with LinkedIn Share
Job Description / Purpose:
Reporting to the Manager of Advanced Services, this is a highly technical role, providing post-sales support of Junipers Network Products. The Resident Engineer be on-site at customer's network. Candidate is expected to have expertise on Juniper products deployed or to be deployed by providing technical and operational support on network issues, on-going certification, and testing efforts. Postion is located in Maryland and requires a Top Secret Clearance.
This is a full-time position and may require long work hours or occasional on call weekend support. Technical support to the customer may require the Resident Engineer to:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to break-down work activity to achieve project goals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate project status and identify risk
- The ability to work independently and to function in a team environment.
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills
- Understand the customer’s organizational structure and become familiar with the customer’s network implementation and support processes and procedures to help in designing a network that is available and sustainable.
- To hold network information gathering workshops with the Customer to understand the Customer’s existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs.
- Carry out testing of new tools, features, and functionality as required by the customer in a laboratory environment and to help develop plans to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network
- Test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the pre-production test network and then live network as implementation plans dictate.
- Hold technology workshops with the customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried
- Support design and planning of Juniper SRX, NetScreen series, Space, and associated solutions within the customer backbone network
- Support design and planning of Juniper MX, and EX series, while not required, brings a stronger candidate to the customer
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications used by customer.
- The RE will be expected to develop secondary skills in other products in the Juniper product portfolio.
Skills and Experience:
Preferred candidates for this position should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science with JNCIE certification. Candidates for this role MUST have a minimum 7 years experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments with either a technology vendor or a service provider environment.
Note: If they do not possess these, they will not be considered as meeting the basic requirements of position>
- An understanding of the protocols surrounding IP service provider networks. These skills include but are not limited to:
- IP/Routing experience (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS-TE, RSVP, LDP, IPv6, Routing Policy)
- Understanding of Multicast strongly preferred
- Routing protocol operation, migration, and scaling mechanisms
- Routing policies at BGP peering points
- VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (MPLS, L3VPN, VPLS, MVPN.)
- Ethernet switching and 802.1Q, QOS
- Software Define Networking (SDN)