This Resident Engineering position will be based San Jose, CA as well as remote at times with the current COVID-19 pandemic and will be primarily responsible for serving our client and their facility. The Resident Engineer will work with both the Spirent Professional Services and Sales team to support both the post-sales implementation and deployment of Spirent solutions. All candidates must have a proven networking background and demonstrated capability to rapidly learn and assimilate new networking technologies as our customers require. This engineer must be self-driven, customer oriented, comfortable with multi-tasking, able to effectively set and meet customer expectations, complete tasks with little or no supervision, and perform quality work under the pressure of tight customer timelines.
- Onsite technical service and support for customers.
- Help in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and debugging systems.
- Customer system installation and training.
- Promote and educate customers on Spirent support processes and SLAs.
- Keep stakeholders (e.g. sales, customer, technical peers, management) informed of actions, and progress on technical product issues.
- Respond to customer inquiries either in person or via telephone, online networks, and email.
- Communicate with Spirent product teams regarding issues and enhancements, and, proactively conduct follow-ups to ensure fixes and features are received and tested by customers.
- Process and maintain pertinent information within our support CRM systems.
- Provide intelligence back to sales and product management regarding new business opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degrees with technical focus, or equivalent course work in data and telecommunications. Master's degree with a technology focus is a plus.
- 5 years+ technical experience in Telecommunications / Data communications Industry.
- Previous Technical Support experience desired.
- Self-motivated, working independently and willing to accept challenges.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and, friendly, outgoing personality.
- Ability to analyze and debug test setups especially under stressful situations.
- Good networking knowledge like IP, Ethernet, etc. required.
- Knowledge in routing and MPLS protocols like BGP, ISIS, OSPF, RSVP, LDP desired.
- Knowledge in access protocols such as PPP, L2TP, DHCP desired.
- Knowledge of VMware ESXi, vSphere, and even KVM desired.
- Tcl and/or Python scripting experience are desired.
- Prior experience in router and switch configuration required.
- Previous telecom/networking test equipment experience would be a plus (Spirent TestCenter, SmartBits, Adtech, Ixia, Agilent) desired.
- Network certifications including CCNP and/or JNCIP are a plus (or at least equivalent knowledge required).