Minimum Experience: 9 Required Education: Associate's Degree Job Description
Be involved in projects with our Construction Inspection Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Resident Engineer (NICET IV) for our Buffalo, New York office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring contractor's field construction activities for compliance with plans, specs and permits
- Attending meetings, recording meeting minutes, and assisting in project coordination with all stakeholders
- Reviewing work product prepared by office engineers, inspection staff, DBE compliance personnel and community outreach liaisons
- Maintaining excellent relationships with client staff
- Implementing Quality and Safety plans
- Reviewing and commenting on schedule updates
- Preparing estimates of work
- Verifying quantities and processing payments
- Manage materials testing subconsultants and schedule as needed
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- NICET IV or equivalent
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Construction
- 9 years of Resident Engineering and Inspection experience in bridge, highway and roadway projects, including a background in both field inspection and office engineering
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- Valid driver's license in the state of New York
- Prior Experience with New York State Thruway Authority or New York State Department of Transportation
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction