The Resident Engineer will work on projects for New York City and/or New York State agency clients including NYSDOT, NYCDDC, NYCDOT, and NYCDEP. This is the opportunity to work on high profile projects that will have a positive impact on the NYC metro area. As a Resident Inspector working out of Michael Baker’s New York Offices you will face different challenges every day.
- Construction staff management and mentoring;
- Ensure quality standards and project deadlines are met
- Compliance, and constructioncontract administration;
- Leadership at site meetings with the contractor and client
- Coordination with the client’s Engineer-In-Charge (EIC)
- Provide regular status reports to senior management team
- 10 years of related constructioninspectionexperience, NICET IV or PE
- NYSDOT or NYCDOT project experience including handling inspection of bridges, highways, and related facilities in New York City and Region 8
- NYCDDC project experience including handling inspection of sanitary, storm, combined sewer, water main, bioswales, and street reconstruction projects
- NYCDDC Watermain experience and training certification a must for DDC applicants.
- OSHA 10 or ability to obtain.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to long term success in this role.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office) etc.