LOCHNER, a leader in transportation engineering, has a challenging career opportunity for a Resident Engineer with transportation construction experience based in San Antonio. Resident Engineer will be required to be on site for projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage CEI staff in Texas
- Support CEI business development efforts in Texas
- Manage inspectors, multiple sub-consultants, and other support staff.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities and monitor staff assignments and performance.
- Resolve construction management issues.
- Respond to contractor inquiries as needed.
- Maintain client communications and relationships.
- Review shop drawings and submittals.
- Monitor construction contract compliance, schedules and budgets.
- Review and submit monthly billings to clients and prepare and process contractor payment requests.
- Prepare recommendations and responses to RFIs and Design revisions.
- Mentor staff on CEI responsibilities and tasks.
- 10+ years of CEI or relative experience and prior management experience on Road and Bridge Infrastructure projects is required.
- B. S. in Civil Engineering
- TX PE License OR ability to obtain within 6 months.
- TxDot experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.