Hill International is an international construction consulting firm that provides program and project management, construction management, cost engineering and estimating, quality assurance, inspection, scheduling, risk management and claims avoidance to clients involved in major construction projects worldwide. Hill has participated in over 10,000 project assignments with a total construction value of more than $500 billion. Hill is a publicly traded company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HIL).
Hill is seeking a Resident Engineer in Southern California
- Analyze complex construction/design problems requiring the development of new or improved techniques or procedures
- Assist in inspections to assure compliance with contract plans, specifications, and special provisions on all phases of structural construction such as bridges, foundations, walls, falsework, shoring, and drainage structures
- Supervise the construction team with regards to contract compliance, quality control, safety, traffic/pedestrian routing, and site clean-up requirements
- Ensure the completion and proper documentation of all required tests, measurements, inspections, reports, and necessary field documents
- Attend pre-construction meetings
- Document tracking and management
- Conduct construction progress meetings
- Coordinate agreements with and work of sub-consultants and services
- Maintain on-going contact with the Construction Project Manager
- Licenses Professional Engineer
- Previous experience working on Caltrans highway construction projects
- 15+ years of experience on roadway and highway construction projects
- Ability to work effectively with engineers and owners.