About the Position:
Works as an on-site or remote resource supporting the Verizon customer's operational requirements. Demonstrates an excellent understanding of the industry, the customer's business issues, and the most appropriate solution architecture to meet their business goals by utilizing past experiences of large scale solutions projects to Service Provider, Cloud or large Enterprise customers. Has ability to define architecture, HLD/LLD, and an increasing level of both customer management and executive engagement.
- Works on multiple issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts,products & technologies
- Creates formal networks of key decision makers,gaining access to key influencers in the customer base
- Develops effective partnerships with multiple internal and external organizations to position Juniper’s products & Services and resolve long term issues
- Focuses on the ability to drive automation within previously deployed networks & products
- Provides technical leadership and develops other Juniper teams to ensure end to end support
- IdentifyJuniper and customer process deficiencies, document ‘best practices’ and implement to drive operational efficiencies.
- Interacts with multiple levels within Juniper and the Customer base
- Direct detailed troubleshooting of Juniper equipment issues and complex multi-vendor network problems
- Carry out testing of new features and functionality required by the customer in the laboratory setting and to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the networks.
- Based on detailed understanding of both the customer’s operating network andJuniper’sproduct capabilities, direct the development of fixes to operating software and ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly
- Educate the customer’s engineering,implementation and support personnel to configure and operate the Juniper products
- Acts as a customer technical liaison for Juniper Networks support and development teams.
- Assists the customer to develop Network Operating and Equipment Operating procedures.
- Promotes product absorption in the customer environment.
- Mentors new Resident Engineers on product and technology.
- Provides policy and procedure input to the Management team.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves complicated technical problems of a diverse scope, where analysis of data requires evaluation of intangibles.
- Assists in the development of testing of new features and services.
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Consults on design development and participates in design validation.
- Juniper expert who provide support for all technical aspects related to Juniper Networks products
- Extension to Juniper team and an extension to customer resource
- Complement JTAC and CFTS
- An expert on the customers network and processes
- Provides deployment guidance to ensure that implementations are consistent with design specifications
- PR (Bug) and JSA assessments
- Typically requires 12-15 years of related experience.
- BS, JNCIP-E, JNCIE or other certifications
- Subject matter expert with product specific knowledge and expertise.
- Design, consultation, and presentation experience.
- Excellent customer interactions skills
- Strong background in switching platforms
- Excellent engineering troubleshooting skills.
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills.