How Our Resident Directors Make A Difference
As supervisor of a property’s Community Assistant (CA) team, the Resident Director (RD) is a live-on position, serving as the linkage between the CA staff and the management team. The RD assists with the day-to-day management of the facility while being directly responsible for the implementation of the property’s Residence Life Program
- Maintain confidentiality of company, client and resident information.
- Schedule staff assignments.
Facilities & Equipment
- Perform move-out inspection and assess charges to resident.
- Prepare vacant units for move-in.
- Actively participate in accomplishing the Mission of Campus Advantage.
- Adhere to and promote the Core Values of Campus Advantage.
- Understand and adhere with established Campus Advantage policies and procedures.
- Maintain a respectful workplace.
- Report time and attendance.
- Participate in professional development.
- Initiate, coordinate or participate in recruiting activities.
- Manage performance of subordinates.
- Assist in development of staff.
- Approve time and attendance.
- Lead or participate in development and delivery of training.
- Administer and ensure compliance with Campus Advantage policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of access to company data, networks and applications.
- Utilize company technology and information systems in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Marketing & Leasing
- Coordinate Resident Life Program with marketing efforts.
- Conduct leasing and marketing activities for prospects from first contact through lease execution, events and promotions.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of periodic and as-needed reporting as required by contract or established policies and procedures.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Coordinate and participate in residence life programming
- Ensure effectiveness of residence life programming.
- Resolve/mediate resident(s) conflicts.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Understand needs and expectations of residents and exceed them.
- Maintain effective communication with residents, parents and the University.
- Establish or assist in establishing overall goals and objectives for resident community experience.
- Develop innovative and highly effective resources for site personnel enabling the accomplishment of goals and objectives for the residents' community experience.
- Create or assist in creating innovative residence life programming.
- Ensure site personnel are trained and equipped adequately to accomplish residence life goals and objectives.
Safety and Security
- Report incidents in a timely manner.
- Implement and conduct emergency procedures.
- Identify and report safety and securityrisks.
- Maintain a safe community environment for both residents and employees.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or be a degree seeking student. Graduate degree in Higher Educationpreferred for on-campus communities.
- At least one semester of living in a student housing community. Preferredexperience includes supervisory experience and experience as a CA/RA
- Knowledge with Excel, Word, Microsoft Office
Compensation & Benefits
Our investment in you includes great pay, outstanding training, and excellent benefits like medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), and more.