A Little Bit About Us
Campus Advantage, an industry leader in student housing, provides property management, consulting, acquisitions, and development with the goal of creating successful communities. Our most important asset, our employees, are what drives our continued success.
We believe in hiring the best people as well as identifying, developing and promoting top talent from within the company. We’re looking for people who can put our Core Values into Action every day as we create successful communities.
These Core Values are: Intelligence, Integrity, Passion and Mojo. What’s Mojo, you ask? Mojo is our culture. Our personality. We attract and charm others through our success and outlook on life. We take our work and our communities, but not ourselves, seriously.
How Our Resident Directors Make A Difference
As supervisor of a property’s Community Assistant (CA) team, the Resident Director (RD) is a live-on position, serving as the linkage between the CA staff and the management team. The RD assists with the day-to-day management of the facility while being directly responsible for the implementation of the property’s Residence Life Program
- Maintain confidentiality of company, client and resident information.
- Schedule staff assignments.
Facilities & Equipment
- Perform move-out inspection and assess charges to resident.
- Prepare vacant units for move-in.
- Actively participate in accomplishing the Mission of Campus Advantage.
- Adhere to and promote the Core Values of Campus Advantage.
- Understand and adhere with established Campus Advantage policies and procedures.
- Maintain a respectful workplace.
- Report time and attendance.
- Participate in professional development.
- Initiate, coordinate or participate in recruiting activities.
- Manage performance of subordinates.
- Assist in development of staff.
- Approve time and attendance.
- Lead or participate in development and delivery of training.
- Administer and ensure compliance with Campus Advantage policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of access to company data, networks and applications.
- Utilize company technology and information systems in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Marketing & Leasing
- Coordinate Resident Life Program with marketing efforts.
- Conduct leasing and marketing activities for prospects from first contact through lease execution, events and promotions.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of periodic and as-needed reporting as required by contract or established policies and procedures.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Coordinate and participate in residence life programming
- Ensure effectiveness of residence life programming.
- Resolve/mediate resident(s) conflicts.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Understand needs and expectations of residents and exceed them.
- Maintain effective communication with residents, parents and the University.
- Establish or assist in establishing overall goals and objectives for resident community experience.
- Develop innovative and highly effective resources for site personnel enabling the accomplishment of goals and objectives for the residents' community experience.
- Create or assist in creating innovative residence life programming.
- Ensure site personnel are trained and equipped adequately to accomplish residence life goals and objectives.
Safety and Security
- Report incidents in a timely manner.
- Implement and conduct emergency procedures.
- Identify and report safety and securityrisks.
- Maintain a safe community environment for both residents and employees.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or be a degree seeking student. Graduate degree in Higher Educationpreferred for on-campus communities.
- At least one semester of living in a student housing community. Preferredexperience includes supervisory experience and experience as a CA/RA
- Knowledge with Excel, Word, Microsoft Office