The Resident Dining Hall Director will work closely with the Food Service Director to assure creative food presentation and quality. The Board Director will help with the training of all front of the house service associates, including proper serving techniques, garnishing techniques, and service formats. The Board Director is responsible for ensuring that all board plan participants are accounted and billed for appropriately with the client.
Client and Customer Satisfaction/Relations
- Maintain client satisfaction at a level that ensures account retention.
- Ensure that client communications is effective in all areas.
- Follow up to client surveys.
- Ensure a variety of food items by following a cycle menu.
- Responsible for implementation and effectiveness of programs that are in compliance with company standards.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
Business Growth and Marketing
- Promote commuter board plan programs.
- Maintain an awareness of the competition and market conditions internal and external to the facility.
- Promote and leverage the company name and resources to maximum advantage throughout the unit.
- Assist in and develop a business plan and budget for the board operation.
- Responsible for the attainment of financial goals for the board operation.
- Monitor and implements cash collections of all billed board plan participants.
- Responsible for productivity and staffing that is appropriate for all board meal plan needs.
Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Demonstrate and promote the company culture, values and management philosophy.
- Promote teamwork within the unit.
- Recognize the need for and demonstrate good communication and listening skills with clients, customers and associates.
- Visit other units on a selective basis to ensure that a sharing and exchange of ideas and experiences occurs.
- Represent the company professionally and ethically at all times.