Reservoir Engineering Supervisor
Job Title: Reservoir Engineering Supervisor
Location: Austin, TX
Reports to: Sr Reservoir Engineering Manager
This position is a working supervisor role responsible for the Reserves process within Reservoir Engineering.
- Coordinate SEC YE Reserves Reporting for 10K and SMOG
- Reserve preparation and documentation in coordination with Internal Accounting and their Auditors on a quarterly and annual bases
- Annual External Reserves Audit Process
- SOX Compliance- Coordinate Reservoir Engineering efforts with Accounting
- Responsibility for Quarterly and Year End Detailed Reserve Reconciliation
- Well InventoryDatabase Management
- Mentoring both Technical Support Staff and Engineers
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Understanding of SEC Reserve Requirements
- Demonstrates ability to work within a team and complete tasks efficiently
- Demonstrates the ability to work with many different groups to coordinate efforts
- Demonstrates strong writing and verbalization skills
- Position requires a strong analytical and problem solving skill set utilizing sound engineering principles
Supervise engineer(s) and engineering support staff assigned to the Reserves group
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. On occasion this position may be required to go to the field and monitor activity, therefore being exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, cold weather, extreme heat, and vibration.
This is largely a sedentary role: However, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and arms to reach. The worker is also required to have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal, reading, transcribing, and preparing and analyzing data and figures.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 10years of experience with at least 2 of the years in a Reserves role
- A strong background in ARIES
- Previous supervision experience is a plus